House Price Crash Forum
AteMoose

Hpc Popularity

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...ricecrash.co.uk

The popularity of this website seems to have jumped up about 30% since the new year, thats 30% more people searching for House Price Crash on google.

Reach of the site is up 30% over 3 mounths

Page hits up 75% over 3 months!!!!

Edited by Webmaster

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_...ricecrash.co.uk

The popularity of this website seems to have jumped up about 30% since the new year, thats 30% more people searching for House Price Crash on google.

The traffic on this website is proportional to the probablility of a house price crash, IMO.

The traffic on this website is proportional to the probablility of a house price crash, IMO.

I agree, before sipps was reversed this site had a slight decline, when sipps was reversed popularity recovered. New year seems to have given the site a big boost.

Edited by moosetea

Could the webmaster not pin a topic that asks people visiting for the first time, why they decided to search for house price crash on the internet or how they heard about the site. It would be an insight into what is changing public perception.

Could the webmaster not pin a topic that asks people visiting for the first time, why they decided to search for house price crash on the internet or how they heard about the site. It would be an insight into what is changing public perception.

I agree that such a topic should be pinned and I believe that this should encourage guests to make their first post. Most other forums have a place for new people to make their first post and be welcomed to the forum and I think this forum could do with such a designated place as well.

Guest Cletus VanDamme

I agree that such a topic should be pinned and I believe that this should encourage guests to make their first post. Most other forums have a place for new people to make their first post and be welcomed to the forum and I think this forum could do with such a designated place as well.

Of course, he would also need to add that newcomers have to wait in quarantine first before posting :)

Of course, he would also need to add that newcomers have to wait in quarantine first before posting :)

Hehe funny that as l just tried to post my first proper post to no avail. But here looks like a good place in the meantime.

When l went to Uni in Norwich 1994 l couldnt believe how cheap and relatively decent the housing stock was. I had no money and urged relatives..anyone who would listen to buy to let in Norwich. Growing student population, stable local employers... no brainer.

Of course l was viewed as a "what does he know - bless him" and that was that.

It wasnt until about 2001 that l had a job worthy of supporting a mortgage and l did try to buy a decent 2 bed flat in a landmark building which l knew was only valued at 35k about 3 years prior. I ended up offering 88k but the deal fell through when it became apparent that there was no sinking fund and about 30k (split 6 ways) of back works needed doing to the building generally. I had barely enough for the deposit so that was that.

3 months later the owner sold it for 122k. :blink:

At this point l threw in the towel as l felt like l was trying to board a runaway freight train. Rented ever since.

Funniest thing was about 2 years ago, my stepdad called me up and was telling me he was considering buying property in Norwich. I think l laughed down the phone at him.

Worse still 6 months ago my real dad (as opposed to fake) came to see me and was proclaiming the wonders of BtL and was telling me l should buy several properties. This same man got completely stung in the last property crash and went bankrupt owing about a million quid. Apparently this time it was different. ;)

Roll on 2003, and somewhat miffed at having to pay 3 to 4 times more for something that is just 10 years more knackered, (they aren't fine wines they're homes!) my journey to the bear side was complete. I started telling anyone who'd listen (not many l'll grant you, in fact even those few probably just adopted a fixed wan smile at my approach), that property had become a speculative vehicle and thus its value was now detached from its immediate utility value and more about perceived gains in the future like any other commodity if sold onto another speculator - or a complete fool.

The house of cards..or pyramid scheme could not be more evident. Furthermore our wonderful economy where manufacturing could happily be in recession since always yet retail sector was up, up and away meant this country had no true wealth creation, it was debt generated. I likened MEW to using up the spare fuel tank. It had to be refilled eventually and when would this ever happen in a culture where we have found a new resource to plunder..our own future wealth.

So we are heading for the big kablammo. One thing l didnt realise was just how global this phenomena is amongst western countries. Unless we all end up in a 1984 scenario where sentiment matters more than reality and we can all pretend we are better off year on year when the fundamentals are screaming otherwise, this bear's outlook is bleak indeed.

Glad l found this site. Trying to talk to people about HPC and have them look like they were about to point at me and emit a high pitched screech was becoming irksome.

Yes popularity of this site is up 30% – which is equal to the 30% loss in quality of the site now that most opposing opinion’s to HPC have been stopped or moved – and now that newbies can only say what they want by hijacking other posts!

HPC Site Crash !

The HPC site traffic has clearly grown to unsustainable levels, it's only a matter of time before this return's to the long term average.

A really good idea, in fact I think it should be mandatory that their first post gives a brief explination as to how they found the site. As it would be very interesting gauging the overall publics perceptions playing out as measured by this sites growth in popularity.

Edited by Catch22

Hehe funny that as l just tried to post my first proper post to no avail. But here looks like a good place in the meantime.

When l went to Uni in Norwich 1994 l couldnt believe how cheap and relatively decent the housing stock was. I had no money and urged relatives..anyone who would listen to buy to let in Norwich. Growing student population, stable local employers... no brainer.

It wasnt until about 2001 that l had a job worthy of supporting a mortgage and l did try to buy a decent 2 bed flat in a landmark building which l knew was only valued at 35k about 3 years prior. I ended up offering 88k but the deal fell through when it became apparent that there was no sinking fund and about 30k (split 6 ways) of back works needed doing to the building generally. I had barely enough for the deposit so that was that.

3 months later the owner sold it for 122k. :blink:

At this point l threw in the towel as l felt like l was trying to board a runaway freight train. Rented ever since.

Funniest thing was about 2 years ago, my stepdad called me up and was telling me he was considering buying property in Norwich. I think l laughed down the phone at him.

Worse still 6 months ago my real dad (as opposed to fake) came to see me and was proclaiming the wonders of BtL and was telling me l should buy several properties. This same man got completely stung in the last property crash and went bankrupt owing about a million quid. Apparently this time it was different. ;)

Roll on 2003, and somewhat miffed at having to pay 3 to 4 times more for something that is just 10 years more knackered, (they aren't fine wines they're homes!) my journey to the bear side was complete. I started telling anyone who'd listen (not many l'll grant you, in fact even those few probably just adopted a fixed wan smile at my approach), that property had become a speculative vehicle and thus its value was now detached from its immediate utility value and more about perceived gains in the future like any other commodity if sold onto another speculator - or a complete fool.

The house of cards..or pyramid scheme could not be more evident. Furthermore our wonderful economy where manufacturing could happily be in recession since always yet retail sector was up, up and away meant this country had no true wealth creation, it was debt generated. I likened MEW to using up the spare fuel tank. It had to be refilled eventually and when would this ever happen in a culture where we have found a new resource to plunder..our own future wealth.

So we are heading for the big kablammo. One thing l didnt realise was just how global this phenomena is amongst western countries. Unless we all end up in a 1984 scenario where sentiment matters more than reality and we can all pretend we are better off year on year when the fundamentals are screaming otherwise, this bear's outlook is bleak indeed.

Glad l found this site. Trying to talk to people about HPC and have them look like they were about to point at me and emit a high pitched screech was becoming irksome.

Welcome to the madness. Give this man his full membership and right to post as this is no troll. B)B)B)B)

3 months later the owner sold it for 122k.

Worse still 6 months ago my real dad (as opposed to fake) came to see me and was proclaiming the wonders of BtL and was telling me l should buy several properties. This same man got completely stung in the last property crash and went bankrupt owing about a million quid. Apparently this time it was different.

AWOOOGA !!!

(no im only kidding...)

nice post. i see your a dab hand at writing enjoyable posts.

welcome to the ship of lost souls.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Hpc Popularity, Up 30%

Quite a bit of that must be due to Apollo/Spikey/London Landlady and his(her?) endless stream of mutant troll offspring (Spikey2, Spikey3 etc.).

I had noticed that the site is considerably slower than it was say 6 months ago.

I'd say it was as fast, if not faster.

Maybe my "gear" is better than yours?

Yeah I agree, site is deffo fast if you have a decent connection.

Also agree that there should be a NEWBIE Welcome thread permanently pinned. The first post should be by Webmaster welcoming them to HPC, and letting them know the house rules (pun not intended). Then they can post their first post there and they will know that they can respond to other threads but they will know the reason WHY they cannot start new threads.

I like this site. I like the people on here. But I think stopping people doing their first point of their choice is not GOOD for the community. Have 1 thread that they can post to. If they can post then they will leave.

Its a bit like being strapped to the table (ala James Bond) and the laser is just about to split your testicles and you have tape over your mouth. Your dying to shout some shagtastic bird to tell here to pull the plug out but you know she cant here you. You eventually despair.

This site is about letting the little voices heard. I know there is a lot of trolling at the moment but dont silence the new voices. Just monitor them.

TB

Its a bit like being strapped to the table (ala James Bond) and the laser is just about to split your testicles and you have tape over your mouth. Your dying to shout some shagtastic bird to tell here to pull the plug out but you know she cant here you. You eventually despair.

so youve met dunroamin then ?

Also agree that there should be a NEWBIE Welcome thread permanently pinned. The first post should be by Webmaster welcoming them to HPC, and letting them know the house rules (pun not intended). Then they can post their first post there and they will know that they can respond to other threads but they will know the reason WHY they cannot start new threads.

Will do something along those lines over the weekend.

It's not all good news as it also means that the number of angry and bitter trolls visiting the site to cause mayhem has increased and it looks as if the fallout from this has hurt a few regulars.

Going back to the good old trauma/illness cycle:

Denial

Anger

Fear

Hope

Acceptance

I think its fair to say a lot of people are now at the anger stage.