House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

But, If We Are Not Allowed To Borrow

its VERY simple.

NO SUCH THING AS FREE MONEY.

The last 6 years have seen debt DOUBLE . The amount of debt we had at the start of Gordenron's reign took 600 years to build up.

We doubled it in just 6 more 'glorious' years of Brownpant's chancellorship.

CAN ANYONE SEE WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????

Yes. Its a bubble.

Funnily enough I was bursting my balloons from the christmas decorations yesterday, plug your ears for when the biggest bubble in history bursts. It maybe loud.

If the public sector borrowing rules depend on "the cycle" we need someone to define (and fix) "the cycle", please.

:D

Answer One:

There isn't one any more, because Brownie put an end to Boom & Bust, remember? Nice constant growth forever. Marvellous. :)

Answer Two

While the economy grew from 1992 to 2006/7 we ran sensible bugdget surplus, paying off national debt so in times of in times of recession we can borrow more and the spending will help cushion the blow.

(obviously this isn't true, we saved up until 2000 or so and then spend it all at the top of the boom - clever :blink: )

Meaning we've seen the boom part of the cycle, (coming to halt quite soon?), and can now look forward to a similar sized downturn, with no money left to spend our way out.

This is exactly the opposite of what Brown said he'd do. :o

Edited by no accountant

If life is made up of cycles then its not possible to get rid of boom and bust.

Moderation, moderation, moderation...

Yes. Its a bubble.

Funnily enough I was bursting my balloons from the christmas decorations yesterday, plug your ears for when the biggest bubble in history bursts. It maybe loud.

I saw Leslie Crowther turn on the Xmas light in Bristol, EARLY 90s this was. Obviously he was alive then.

If life is made up of cycles then its not possible to get rid of boom and bust.

The problem is there are "magicians" who believe they can control this seemingly "natural" order.

The plates eventually do seem to obey the law of gravity though. The plates get broken unfortunately.

I reckon with the SIPPs u-turn, Gordy finally took the blinkers off. Expect he's going through stress and depression right now.