House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
right_freds_dead

Inflation Busting Wage Rises

im hiking up my prices to the clients i work for. i do this every year. last couple of years i put them up a lot and pass on my insane housing costs to them. they dont like it, but as with an ftb and high house prices - they have no other choice. i used to have some client respect, but recently ive been wondering why i am working so hard. - i cant buy anything with the money apart from save it.

last year i hit them for almost 35% rises and didnt lose any key clients. just trimmed the fat and the troublesome clients. this year again im going for 35% this year. to slap them for my newer house deposit. any less and to be honest id be quitting. i feel im on a merry go round with no resolution. i save £40k. houses rise 40K. whats the point.

had houses been normal i would not crank the prices up so much. it makes me angry to think ive wasted my time over the last 5 years in the uk. so what i can buy a fancy car, clothes or eat dressed crab. wheres my bloody house gordon ?

sorry clients, but its just the price of things has risen out of control.

i measure house inflation. even if this government dont.

im hiking up my prices to the clients i work for. i do this every year. last couple of years i put them up a lot and pass on my insane housing costs to them. they dont like it, but as with an ftb and high house prices - they have no other choice. i used to have some client respect, but recently ive been wondering why i am working so hard. - i cant buy anything with the money apart from save it.

last year i hit them for almost 35% rises and didnt lose any key clients. just trimmed the fat and the troublesome clients. this year again im going for 35% this year. to slap them for my newer house deposit. any less and to be honest id be quitting. i feel im on a merry go round with no resolution. i save £40k. houses rise 40K. whats the point.

had houses been normal i would not crank the prices up so much. it makes me angry to think ive wasted my time over the last 5 years in the uk. so what i can buy a fancy car, clothes or eat dressed crab. wheres my bloody house gordon ?

Services growth hits 20-month high

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticl...OMY-BRITAIN.xml

Thats the end of interest rate cut nonsense

i would say it is. had there been no insane housing costs i wouldnt/coulnt justify it. i am happy with my work, but if all it can do is put tokens in the bank and no still no closer to home - why bother ?

as for inflation. the same reason is why i dont support government saving bonds.

they suggest on the tv ads they are ahead of inflation. they are not.

try storing your house deposit in them. then you will discover - they are not inflation proof.

alan sugar is lying to you. i dont beleive in them as long as they are fiddling inflation figures.

Well, I guess if you lose less than 35% of you business, you are

up on the deal, and possibly spend less time grafting.

Taken to its logical conclusion you could push it to the point

where you hvae 0 clients, infinte salary and loads of free time -

nirvana.

ABB

So to put this in perspective your charging your cliens 70% more than 2 years ago because you didn't buy a house 5 years ago?

Guest Bart of Darkness

I wish I could get away with that sort of increase Fred. Am I right in thinking that outsourcing is not a threat to you (it's something I have to consider all the time).

So to put this in perspective your charging your cliens 70% more than 2 years ago because you didn't buy a house 5 years ago?

yes. thats because real inflation is MASSIVE, yet because its not universal its got a small focus. mainly on the ftb. of which i am one.

if inflation wasnt MASSIVE i wouldnt need to raise prices like this.

and i have little uk competition in what i do thanks to my usa connections/training.

and no. i wont tell you what i do exactly.

i like to be both monopolised and annon.

as i say, try storing your house deposit in 'inflation beating bonds' and you will see what i mean.

"CIPS/RBS added that "the majority of panellists that raised charges did so to rebuild margins following sustained hikes in their operating costs," and noted "sharp increases in utility bills and wages"."

So now we are finally seeing the impact of higher oil rices on general prices.

Rate cuts my @rse!

good show, i did the same last year as well but for smaller %

i now dont work unless i get 200 a day, and it will be 220 a day next year.

everything i have to spend to carry out my buisness has gone up, fuel, electricity, insurance, advertising ect ect

i wont make anymore money , will just stand still like yourself, work coming in has dropped as well, but i still need to pay the fixed costs.hence me sitting chatting on here instead of working.

gordon brown can say whatever he like's the fact is buissness have to first cover the fixed costs before making a profit.if the fix costs keep rising its maybe time to get a job at asda with steady hours, no work chasing, holiday pay, pension and a big yellow sticker on your coat.

someone has to remind him the self employed have a right to holiday pay and sick pay and pension too these things all need taken outta the day rate that the employeed forget about.

it realy is time for a 50% cull of the public workers and add in some proper management that dont hire in pc fixers at 200 pounds an hour and bullshitters at 300 pounds, plus perks and travel of course.

it realy is time for a 50% cull of the public workers and add in some proper management that dont hire in pc fixers at 200 pounds an hour and bullshitters at 300 pounds, plus perks and travel of course.

Easy to determin whom to get rid of. Just send ppl on holidays for two or three months. If the place does not fall apart then you have found a tax payer funded parasite. Perhaps a whole section of the public service? If nobody notices them gone that would be a sign. A bigger sign would be if there was an increase in productivity in society.

someone has to remind him the self employed have a right to holiday pay and sick pay and pension too these things all need taken outta the day rate that the employeed forget about.

i havent really had a holiday in 3-4 years. i thought i was ploughing my way to a secure house, but i was wrong.

pimp, internet, ladders.? out of the lot id take the st trinians job.

RFD

When you put your prices up do you tell your customers why?

It would be interesting to know their response when you tell them that because house prices are so expensive you need to increase your prices.

It would be interesting to know their response when you tell them that because house prices are so expensive you need to increase your prices.

i dont. that would make me look bad.

ive been running at very cheap costs compared to larger firms. its been a sweet deal really, but now inflation is biting the deal wasnt so sweet for me. so i am still going to be cheaper than anyone else in the market, so should keep a hold on the little niche i have, but im fast losing my good business nature and wanting to claw back some of the greed in this country. it seems everyone else is lounging around part time in £170k average semis, while im working for plastic bank tokens i can only use for the most extortionate housing deals in town.

like spending £20 on bingo wins only to choose from a shelf of 20p prizes.

trouble is they are my friends to, but in turn they will add my costs to their customers and so on.

its nothing personal. i suppose its genuine inflation. and its coming your way.

in £170k average semis, while im working for plastic bank tokens i can only use for the most extortionate housing deals in town.

Whoa freds.

Fair is fair, right?

These people who bought in 2000 do sit in the houses, but unless they ...

1. Sell and achieve that price, or

2. Ask for a debt-increase-based home-secured cash bundle (for some reason the "proper" name escapes me right now ;) )

... then they don't actually have an extra penny to hand as such.

Fair is fair.

B)

Are you still doing those discounts on 'Back, Sack, and Crack'? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Whoa freds.

Fair is fair, right?

These people who bought in 2000 do sit in the houses, but unless they ...

1. Sell and achieve that price, or

2. Ask for a debt-increase-based home-secured cash bundle (for some reason the "proper" name escapes me right now ;) )

... then they don't actually have an extra penny to hand as such.

Fair is fair.

B)

Yes but their monthly mortgage outgoings are much less than today's poor renter or FTB, so they are in a sense minted.

Are you still doing those discounts on 'Back, Sack, and Crack'?

LOL !! yes, but you know theres a surchage for your levels of clingon burr-berries.

we have to use the number 4 to get them off last time. even biological persil wouldnt shift em.

dried on they were like clackers. i had to break them down with a towel and lump hammer into managable hunks while wearing safety glasses.

RFD

Nope, I still can't work out what your avatar's saying, but then it's hard to keep my eyes on her mouth.