House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spikey

Stonehouse,stroud, Gloucester Prices

House prices in Stonehouse have stagnated at best but in my opinion they are dropping!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-103...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

The above house up for 149,000 has been on sale for 7 - 8 months now with no sign of shifting! The owner paid £154,000 if I remember correctly. The house next door

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-104...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Is up for £135,000 which has been marked as "sold" and then put back on over the past 5 months!

And to add further problems to them both the home at the end (end terrace) sold for £120,000 in Sept(ish)

I know all this as a friend of mine sold the house! and knew how hard the others were finding the market.... They will both soon become forced sellers!

The other funny thing is the developers 30 metres down the road cant shift 6 houses built early last year!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-996...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

matter of time before that one and all the other left start getting reductions!

Outside the site it says "last few remaining".... only 30% remaining !!! :D:D

There's one house I go by thats been on the market for 6mths + and has just changed agents and ADDED £10K to the price.

Are these people thick?

D :blink:

Just getting back to work after illness and have found within a few days that at least 3 builders I've been working or are starting show distinct signs of slowing . One in particular is interesting as it is basically second homes , big ones ( price wise ) at that , £300-£400K and upwards. I think the sipp effect is starting to kick in at this particualr place , which I think was the main driver for their houses overthe last couple of years.

D

Just getting back to work after illness and have found within a few days that at least 3 builders I've been working or are starting show distinct signs of slowing . One in particular is interesting as it is basically second homes , big ones ( price wise ) at that , £300-£400K and upwards. I think the sipp effect is starting to kick in at this particualr place , which I think was the main driver for their houses overthe last couple of years.

D

Hmm , update on the 2nd home site , rumours abound that they haven't sold a house for 6 MONTHS!!!!

These things only go up once you've put down a rather large deposit - £100k so I here.

Interesting times .

D :blink: