House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blek

The Media Partnership

What is most interesting is the role of the media in all this fiasco. Fortunately, not all of us are brainwashed by the property programmes on television, but take a step back and think why is everything bias? Of course, as has been rightly pointed out by many people, there is a vested interest. The overriding issue is that journalism isn't journalism any more. Anyone who has seen Outfoxed will know the depth that certain elements of the media plunge to. 'Fair and balanced' in journalism is an oxymoron.

How does this relate to the housing market? The mortgage lenders actually boast about how much free press they get. I was shocked when I learnt of the figures. Anywhere between 150 and 300 million pounds worth each year of newspaper space for free. And what is even worse, the lender will actually pass on an ideal client for a case study supporting its product. Absolutely sickening.

Edited by Mr Blek

That why it's called a free press.

Don't believe everything that you read in the newspapers - one of the oldest and truest adages in the world.

If people actually believe what the media (papers, TV, internet) tell them, then no wonder they are fooked - in many cases they will get what they deserve.

Personally I blame television. What an absolutely fantastic invention, but it has now become responsible for the indoctrination of an entire generation of people. The TV or rather the programmes on it are the root cause behind many of the negative trends we see in society today.

But thats freedom for you !

That why it's called a free press.

I assume you're missing the quotes around 'Free Press'

I'm pretty sure some Mirror hacks were caught recently hiking up share prices they had a VI in. This is just as bad.

IMupNorth

If people actually believe what the media (papers, TV, internet) tell them, then no wonder they are fooked - in many cases they will get what they deserve.

The internet is the news media and lots more too ! Trouble is it has too much information to sieve through but if you are determined then it’s possible to find the truth

People standing in a petrol queue and saying the price of petrol should go up as shown on the BBC just doesn’t happen here unless someone is having a joke.

I’m surprised the freedom on the internet has not been taken away by now, could be they are collecting information on us all whilst people think they are free.

Anyway we are all child perverts, sex pests, terrorists and drug pusher are we not :lol: