House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bubbleturbo

I Am Seeing Real Falls Now!

I have just had a quick look around on Rightmove and houses in areas which I have been keeping tabs on are starting to come down!! :D:D

There are a couple of properties, here and there which have appeared and have gone on at prices above summer 2005, but I think these are just greedy idiots who are totally out of kilter and if they are serious about selling, will chase the market down.

I have looked in areas:

Bexley, Kent

Bromley, Kent

Sidcup, Kent

West Malling, Kent

and in each one of these areas I can see properties on the market at what below the price they would have been on at in Spring 2004.

As has been said before by many on this site when you spend a lot of time on here, it does you no good as you tend to get a bit het up about it all and feel helpless. The fact that you found this place is enough, all is not well, the spin in the last few months will continue, but the economic picture is continuing to worsen and Joe MEW and co are starting to get worried and spend less.

The correction is on, more than ever and I am sure that 2006 will be the year the wheels really do come off.

I have just had a quick look around on Rightmove and houses in areas which I have been keeping tabs on are starting to come down!! :D:D

There are a couple of properties, here and there which have appeared and have gone on at prices above summer 2005, but I think these are just greedy idiots who are totally out of kilter and if they are serious about selling, will chase the market down.

I have looked in areas:

Bexley, Kent

Bromley, Kent

Sidcup, Kent

West Malling, Kent

It would be great if you were to post some actual figures. Also are you talking asking or selling prices? I have checked actual selling prices in Summertown (Oxford) over the past 4 years and will post them when I get time but it appears that actual prices are down 15-20% for certain properties and that those who bought in this development will have made nothing over the last 4 years.

The correction is on, more than ever and I am sure that 2006 will be the year the wheels really do come off.

According to hometrack – if you had bought a detached house 1 year ago (in kent) you would have paid £260800 for it – and now that would be worth £255800 – not a bad saving for waiting a year – shame that is not a country wide loss – my area has gone up slightly – Sh*t

31 St Cuthberts Crescent,

Albrighton,

Wolverhampton,

Shropshire,

WV7 3HP £159,950

Semi-Detached

Freehold

Build status not stated 29-Sep-2005

Map (WV7 3HP)

31 St Cuthberts Crescent,

Albrighton,

Wolverhampton,

Shropshire,

WV7 3HP £135,000

Semi-Detached

Freehold

Build status not stated 12-Jul-2005

Map (WV7

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?co...wv7&town=&year=

In the village where I currently live.

The main problem here is that traditionally, very little comes on the market, hence high prices (8 miles either direction is much, much cheaper). I have noticed in the last couple of months though that more property is coming onto the market, and it's hanging around longer.

A house around the corner was put on for £150k last April, reduced to £147k in the summer and the sold price was £125k, so it is very slowly but surely changing here. Just not fast enough at the moment for our needs unfortunately!

:(

It would be great if you were to post some actual figures. Also are you talking asking or selling prices? I have checked actual selling prices in Summertown (Oxford) over the past 4 years and will post them when I get time but it appears that actual prices are down 15-20% for certain properties and that those who bought in this development will have made nothing over the last 4 years.

I cannot link to specific examples as I am only talking about the trend in asking prices from looking at Rightmove once a week or so.

As I said, there are a few numpties combined with spotty agents, who seem to think the boom is on again and have come to market with higher asking prices, but I will have to wait and see if these properties sell. I guess not, as a lot of property seems to be taking a fair while to sell in these areas.

Overall, the trend is still mainly sideways, from what I can see, but I am starting to see the first signs of trending downwards.

but it appears that actual prices are down 15-20% for certain properties and that those who bought in this development will have made nothing over the last 4 years.

You do realise that this statement is likely to cause a major warp in the field holding our space/time continuum in place and, further, many people regard statements such as the one you made to be against the laws of physics and are, in fact, heretical.

Some are calling for people like you to be charged with treason.