House Price Crash Forum

With the number of trolls we have had recently can I suggest that newbies are prevented from posting new topics until they have reached regular status (35 posts I think).

If not barred, can they be pre-modded to weed out the obvious trolls?

With troll of course being defined as anyone who doesn't immediately tow the party line.

No problem with bullish posts but we are getting some obvious multiple registrations with the intent of disrupting the site.

50p says annansi and Frank Cannon are one and the same.

Edited by Young Goat

Young Goat,

I agree with you.... ALL new posters should be restricted as you describe. I hate any form of censorship but when it comes to a flood of newbies copying and pasting spin - and then never bothering to answer any questions of backing up their claims - something has to be done.

Otherwise the poor mods will be claiming for overtime! ;)

Completely agree with trying to stop Trolls starting threads.

Also, maybe the moderators could have a sort of "holding area" for new threads as there seem to be endless repeated threads about the same topic and most of the threads seem to disappear very quickly. They could maybe hold new threads for say 5 minutes and then release them into the correct sub-section? I can't keep track of where a thread is.

Can a mod compare these posters IP addresses? That will determine if they are likely the same person!

They can, London Landlady being a classic example of this.

They can, London Landlady being a classic example of this.

B0llox was she! She immediately admitted that she was using a second account, when she was 'accidentally' banned when the first was placed into the Trolls group. Also, I seem to remember her reasoning her arguments.

Edited by Peach

I don't agree. It would make the site inaccessible to newbie’s.

Think of the threads as TV channels, if you don't like it turn over.

The true solution to the trolling problem is to avoid feeding them.

If a statement is truly outlandish just let it be, have faith that people will see it for what it is.

You can see which threads are popular by the number of the responses; these are generally the more worthwhile debates.

Jumping on posts early with accusations of trolling and awooga sirens doesn't come across well.

Can a mod compare these posters IP addresses? That will determine if they are likely the same person!

Although it's not completely fail-safe, with DHCP (random IP addresses allocated from a set pool) someone might be unfortunate to get an address of someone who had been trolling.

Although on second thoughts, that might be a good thing as it gets rid of two trolls for the price of one IP!

Perhaps a new rating option of "Troll" should be added to the thread rating list.

I'm worried about this forum, and beginning to agree with LondonLandlady when she said AWOOGA = Anyone With Opposing Opinion Go Away.

I don't mind trolls, they are so easy to disprove. Any lurker trying to take comfort from a 'trollish' post will see it torn to pieces, which is useful in itself, as the troll post may represent views they hear every day.

Just because some of the veterans are tired of replying to the same old pathetic arguments for "NO Crash - are you all idiots?" threads, it doesn't mean we all are.

Where is londonlandlady these days? Are you still here?

****** was she! She immediately admitted that she was using a second account, when she was 'accidentally' banned when the first was placed into the Trolls group. Also, I seem to remember her reasoning her arguments.

Peach you fool, she posted as Angus D Ritters before she was banned. Get a grip man unless you are her sidekick. Sorry about editing that word it annoys me.

Let the "spinners" come. Guests and lurkers can judge for themselves as threads progress.

Take the interest as an indication that there are those who now consider this site of some importance in the PR "war".

All is fair in love etc.

B0llox was she! She immediately admitted that she was using a second account, when she was 'accidentally' banned when the first was placed into the Trolls group. Also, I seem to remember her reasoning her arguments.

She started off ok and was probably moved into the troll group a bit harshly however she ended up with about half a dozen accounts.

I'm not saying wheter she is a troll or not, just that the mods can trace multiple id's

id leave them. its almost a good game to play spot the troll. plus the desperation speaks volumes about the market. and also its funny that they think trolling here will somehow prevent the downturn in housing. its almost enjoyable.

She started off ok and was probably moved into the troll group a bit harshly however she ended up with about half a dozen accounts.

I'm not saying wheter she is a troll or not, just that the mods can trace multiple id's

There's a thread on singing pig where she said her HPC acount was suspended.

Putting her in the Troll group probably made her set up the multiple ids.

Edited by The Womble

I don't agree. It would make the site inaccessible to newbie’s.

Think of the threads as TV channels, if you don't like it turn over.

The true solution to the trolling problem is to avoid feeding them.

If a statement is truly outlandish just let it be, have faith that people will see it for what it is.

You can see which threads are popular by the number of the responses; these are generally the more worthwhile debates.

Jumping on posts early with accusations of trolling and awooga sirens doesn't come across well.

I don't mind opposing views and am happy to debate them however we seem to be getting a lot of new registrations with the purpose of disrupting the site who disappear and then come back as someone else.

I think rather than banning newbies from posting their topics should be cleared by the mods before they reach the main forum; this would give them a chance to weed out the obvious multiple ids whilst letting genuine newbies start new topics.

I don't mind opposing views and am happy to debate them however we seem to be getting a lot of new registrations with the purpose of disrupting the site who disappear and then come back as someone else.

I think rather than banning newbies from posting their topics should be cleared by the mods before they reach the main forum; this would give them a chance to weed out the obvious multiple ids whilst letting genuine newbies start new topics.

Alos if there was some way to get rid of, or prevent, the duplicate threads about the same topic that would help.

I'm worried about this forum, and beginning to agree with LondonLandlady when she said AWOOGA = Anyone With Opposing Opinion Go Away.

Adam I don`t mean to be offensive but everyday I read posts with an opposite view who are not labelled trolls. You come over to me as I am the wise one here and I know better.

If I remember correctly there was a problem when the troll group was set up however her account was reactivated. Either way this would justify one extra registration however she ended up with about half a dozen.

Well in regards to London Landlady having to accounts - what on earth is the point if it aint trolling??

Edited by OzzMosiz

Guest The_Oldie

Of course, you would know that :rolleyes:.