House Price Crash Forum

A Bit Of Balance...

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Nice attitude. That'll be the blinkered, embittered view of the world that puts so many people off this website in full force.

Next have successfully expanded this year: their ROE and ROA are up, Next directory did well, established shops did better over the Christmas period. It's good news. If you can't develop a balanced view of the world, you can't understand your place in it.

HOLA444

Next have successfully expanded this year: their ROE and ROA are up, Next directory did well, established shops did better over the Christmas period. It's good news.

I have to agree with you. Next's share price rocketed this morning.

HOLA445

Nice attitude. That'll be the blinkered, embittered view of the world that puts so many people off this website in full force.

Next have successfully expanded this year: their ROE and ROA are up, Next directory did well, established shops did better over the Christmas period. It's good news. If you can't develop a balanced view of the world, you can't understand your place in it.

Next do a really good sale though. While there will always be winners and losers in any stage of the economic cycle, the overall figures for the retail sector dont look so good. Consumers are maxxed out on credit, and cannot afford to keep piling on the 'bargains'.

HOLA446

Nice attitude. (IN ANSWER TO CRASHISUNDERWAY) That'll be the blinkered, embittered view of the world that puts so many people off this website in full force.

If you can't develop a balanced view of the world, you can't understand your place in it.

Very well said.

Crash wallows in gloom.

He's addicted to any chink of bad news. He's nothing new, doom sayers have been part n parcel of Humankind since the dawn of time.

Such a personality views the world from an odd angle.

He smugly thinks he has greater knowledge and insight than his contemporaries so he finds it doubly frustrating when those people enjoy more sucess, 'after - all they were just lucky'.

Whilst he staggers in the mire of gloom, others quietly seek opportunities and prosper. Even people of modest means are buying land in Estonia at £5000 a pop whilst crash agonises over gloomy newspaper cuttings.

HOLA447

Next do a really good sale though. While there will always be winners and losers in any stage of the economic cycle, the overall figures for the retail sector dont look so good. Consumers are maxxed out on credit, and cannot afford to keep piling on the 'bargains'.

Uh? Good sale at Next? They put all the good stuff away and wheel out a load of old, dirty, otherwise unsaleable clothes. God knows where they get them from. For some reason, this attracts hoards of chavs who queue to buy anything with a "Next" label. So by "good" I presume you mean good for business. As a shopper, I wouldn't bother.

HOLA448

Uh? Good sale at Next? They put all the good stuff away and wheel out a load of old, dirty, otherwise unsaleable clothes. God knows where they get them from. For some reason, this attracts hoards of chavs who queue to buy anything with a "Next" label. So by "good" I presume you mean good for business. As a shopper, I wouldn't bother.

:D

I suppose in those terms, then your right. :D I dont buy anything at Next, its all too chav estate agent for me, but yes its good for business, they are always packed at sale time.

HOLA449

Couldn't agree more - stopped even bothering a few years ago.

Never mind "Sale event", more like a "Soil event". :lol:

Edited by OnlyMe