House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Annansi

Www.hometrack.co.uk Reports Rise In House Prices

December 05

House prices to rise 1% over 2006 on lower volumes

January 06

House prices rise for first time in 18 months

The latest article read: "House prices have risen for the first time in 18 months according to the latest house price survey from Hometrack, the online housing research and database company. Despite the small rise in average values over December, the survey of agents shows that house prices remained unchanged in more than 84% of the country’s postcode districts. The small rise over the month was largely a function of average values rising in 9% of postcode districts"

Is this the beginning of a rise in house prices and will it be infectious to the rest of the country? I certainly hope so as property is my main form of income, the long slump in the market did not have me worried but i was starting to pay really, really, really close attention, i still haven't taken my eye off the ball but i have exhaled a bit. Will it continue to grow? What do you think?

Annansi

Is this the beginning of a rise in house prices and will it be infectious to the rest of the country? I certainly hope so as property is my main form of income, the long slump in the market did not have me worried but i was starting to pay really, really, really close attention, i still haven't taken my eye off the ball but i have exhaled a bit. Will it continue to grow? What do you think?

Annansi

I think you are right – we will see some more gains early this year. Apart from the unexpected there is no reason for a crash immediately – but high prices cannot be sustained for long and soon the tide will turn and when prices do drop enough to get BTL’ers to bail out then the panic will start.

But I think you will be OK this year – there should be lot’s of buyers early this year to keep prices up and then some interest rate reductions which will also help the housing market- but after that you will be screwed as is the UK.

I am glad that my home is not my main income- talk about all my eggs in one basket – my home is now interest in the bank