House Price Crash Forum

Investors Chronicle- Any Good?

DRS

HOLA441
HOLA442

I'm looking for a decent investors rag. Is the IC any good, or any other recommendations?

Many thanks

I'm currently subscribed to Money Week, which is more like a summary of all the papers/magazines... with a few interesting articles, and not many 'tips' - which I dont massively want anyhow.

I suspect I'll subscribe to IC later this week also, I think you can only compare them when you've actually read each cover to cover for about a month... but each to his own.

HOLA443

I'm currently subscribed to Money Week, which is more like a summary of all the papers/magazines... with a few interesting articles, and not many 'tips' - which I dont massively want anyhow.

I suspect I'll subscribe to IC later this week also, I think you can only compare them when you've actually read each cover to cover for about a month... but each to his own.

Have you found Money Week useful?

HOLA444

Have you found Money Week useful?

Obviously quite subjective, but having only gotten into this 'investment lark' since October 05 its been pretty informative for a newbie like me, and given me ideas of where to invest and how to think ahead for future movements etc...

I think they do a 3-week free trial, or something like that, so it cant hurt to give it a go, then... just remember to cancel it if you're not reading it, link for trial is here;

http://www.moneyweek.com/file/194/subscrib...-logged-in.html

Edited by a1vin

HOLA445

Obviously quite subjective, but having only gotten into this 'investment lark' since October 05 its been pretty informative for a newbie like me, and given me ideas of where to invest and how to think ahead for future movements etc...

I think they do a 3-week free trial, or something like that, so it cant hurt to give it a go, then... just remember to cancel it if you're not reading it, link for trial is here;

http://www.moneyweek.com/file/194/subscrib...-logged-in.html

Im an IC subscriber, since about hhmmm March 2004. Getting to the point that I dont quite read it as in depth as I used to, it gets a bit repetitive in someways with the sharetips as there are companies each week and surely they cant all be winners! They do give a bit of background about companies though and bring things down to earth so I find it good to understand industries and what influences them and combine this with my own hunches about the future

Gives lots of economic analysis too, mainly charts and correlation of different economic indicators, but again like the shares they cant all be right and though I havent done any scientific analysis I havent really checked to see if the evaluations hold true or if they contradict each other etc

really need to make use of their website as I think that has a few bits on like spreadsheets and models and links to sites mentioned in the mag

All in all its a good weekly read if you ask me, not sure if its worth its weight in gold I quite like reading about all that crap anyway, and although it hasnt overly influenced any decisions I think education such as this is important in the long run

I have based most my meagre investements on the business model articles in Finance Week, which is more aimed at finance people in business

My library (quite a big one) has IC as one of its periodicals, so its worth checking that out. I might move to maybe reading it there, just effort to get down there

Hope this helps

HOLA446