House Price Crash Forum
Guest Cletus VanDamme

Can We Have Some New Year Optimism Please!

Guest Cletus VanDamme

Since 1 Jan I have been feeling great: it's a new year, time for potential renewal in all things: maybe new job, thinking up new ideas, new business opportunities, make a fresh start in some area of life, do something new, take ownership and responsibility for things instead of just letting things happen, get a wind turbine/solar panel, time to be optimistic.

But after visiting this site I feel deflated and depressed, all doom and gloom, we're all f***d kind of thing. I know that's what we Brits are good at, but could we have some reasons to be cheerful please!

I'll start off with some

1/ The future is in our hands. We have the power to improve things and make the world a better place, even if we just begin at home or our local neighbourhood.

2/ If you want to change your life, you can.

3/ We live in a wealthy country and there are plenty of opportunities.

4/ And if opportunities don't exist, then create them. Despite the fact that it won't even buy you a shoebox in Peckham, if you earn over 35K you are in the top 1% of the whole world.

5/ It's OK to take some risks. Despite what most people on this site will tell you

Have fun and enjoy life!

By who's reckoning? Anyone that even thinks this, needs their head examining given the record trade and budget deficits, record personal debts, record bankruptcies, record repossessions, record stealth taxes, etc, etc.

This country together with the USA is effectively bankrupt or haven't you cottoned on yet?

Of course it gloomy on here, just as it is in the real world, which this site reflects. Watch aggregate demand take a huge fall in the coming months thus leading us into recession in the latter part of 2006. Start a new business my ar$e! Anyone who can even contemplate such a thing at this juncture obviously knows nothing about business or finance whatsoever IMO...

If there are so many opportunities out there in UK plc then why the f**k are you wasting your time on here yourself, p***k?

That put you in your place didnt it?

Cletus,

I am not sure which is the more scary:

1. The size of your mouth

2. The distance between your teeth

3. The increase in the size of this nation's debt vs. the (lack of) increase in salaries.

However, a number of chaps have e-mailed me job interview offers recently, AND this is in I.T. (which is supposed to be shagged).

Happy new year everyone.

:P

Since 1 Jan I have been feeling great: it's a new year, time for potential renewal in all things: maybe new job, thinking up new ideas, new business opportunities, make a fresh start in some area of life, do something new, take ownership and responsibility for things instead of just letting things happen, get a wind turbine/solar panel, time to be optimistic.

But after visiting this site I feel deflated and depressed, all doom and gloom, we're all f***d kind of thing. I know that's what we Brits are good at, but could we have some reasons to be cheerful please!

I'll start off with some

1/ The future is in our hands. We have the power to improve things and make the world a better place, even if we just begin at home or our local neighbourhood.

4/ And if opportunities don't exist, then create them. Despite the fact that it won't even buy you a shoebox in Peckham, if you earn over 35K you are in the top 1% of the whole world.

5/ It's OK to take some risks. Despite what most people on this site will tell you

Have fun and enjoy life!

i agree with all of the above

what i will say as a bear is that the bears see the near term being much tougher than the recent past.

this is because we have had a good run on the back of a debt expansion.

the bears believe that re-adjusting to normal levels of debt will slow the economy and cause a general downtrrn/ recesssion..

wthin that context you are right to say that we are in control of our destiny.

we should be positive , but base it on realistic assesments of the wider picture.

By who's reckoning? Anyone that even thinks this, needs their head examining given the record trade and budget deficits, record personal debts, record bankruptcies, record repossessions, record stealth taxes, etc, etc.

Bankruptcies and repossessions are well below their record levels. So is taxation as a proportion of GDP, come to that.

i agree with all of the above

what i will say as a bear is that the bears see the near term being much tougher than the recent past.

From wikipedia:

There is much debate as to the definition of a bear, with some saying that anyone who self-identifies as a bear is a bear, and others arguing that bears must have certain physical characteristics, such as a stocky build, hairy chest, and facial hair.

:lol::lol:

Rave, if you're reading: Thanks. You've been the source of 1,000,000 laughs. Christ, someone's gotta be. Have you SEEN the price of houses?

Bears and the other bears: My apologies. Respect. Happy new year to you all.

Edited by megaflop

Have fun and enjoy life!

Hey, don't tie your emotions to what people on internet forums jabber on about! Do people here talk about doom and gloom? I hadn't noticed. But then if you see a crash as a good thing then the site is already optimistic, right? ;)

I'll start off with some

Have fun and enjoy life!

couldn't agree more - please see my signature ;)

If there are so many opportunities out there in UK plc then why the f**k are you wasting your time on here yourself, p***k?

"Please read the forum rules they're important"

"FORUM RULES

Moderators and administrators monitor your compliance with these rules and dispense disciplinary action at their discretion.

No derogatory comments against others, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No personal threats or harassment.

Always treat fellow posters with respect and courtesy."

:rolleyes:

No derogatory comments against others, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No personal threats or harassment.

Always treat fellow posters with respect and courtesy."

We should have a group hug.

This will include Cletus, London LandLady, and Mr Time To Raise The Rents, because they are trying very hard.

:D

couldn't agree more - please see my signature ;)

Always look on the bright side of life - tee-tum, tee-tum, tee-tumtee-tum, tee-tum

I thought it was tee-tum, tee-tum, tee-tiddly-tum, tee-tum

This country together with the USA is effectively bankrupt or haven't you cottoned on yet?

Of course it's gloomy on here, just as it is in the real world, which this site reflects. Watch aggregate demand take a huge fall in the coming months thus leading us into recession in the latter part of 2006. Start a new business my ar$e! Anyone who can even contemplate such a thing at this juncture obviously knows nothing about business or finance whatsoever IMO...

I think Ive just found the most negative person on this forum, what a total lot of nonsense.

Its never a great time to start a business, in the end those with the bottle just get on and do it.

2 families I know have just returned here having emmigrated. One emmigrated to a village between Rome and Naples and the other Spain. Both say blighty is a far better place to find and exploit opportunity and unlike Southern Italy on the whole people actually pay for the goods they recieve.

Tax is a bit high here for my tastes Ill give you that, but Bankcruptcies I predicted ages ago would rocket in view of the new easy rules (my brother did it just to get rid of debt, no real need, wasnt going under or anything).

MARK MY WORDS, YOU WILL SPEND YOUR ENTIRE LIFE FOCUSED ON GLOOM AND IT WILL COST YOU MY FREIND.

Its gonna be a great year - up to 10% off house prices across the UK, savings earning good interest in the bank, BTL Landlords subsidising the rents of those brave enuff 2 stay in Blightyk, Gordon Clown shown up for the fatarsed hypocritcal lying jock scumbucket he is, blair disintegrating like a leper... THINGS ARE GREAT!!!!

Botom line, HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO :-)

Its gonna be a great year - up to 10% off house prices across the UK, savings earning good interest in the bank, BTL Landlords subsidising the rents of those brave enuff 2 stay in Blightyk, Gordon Clown shown up for the fatarsed hypocritcal lying jock scumbucket he is, blair disintegrating like a leper... THINGS ARE GREAT!!!!

Botom line, HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO :-)

Calm down, calm down.

Now can we all please form an orderly queue while we have a crash correction small "adjustment", normal service will resume shortly.

Thankyou.

Edit - Bear in mind Bears, that we are strictly Bear-ish on the near term prospects for UK residential property, and not necessarily Bear-ish on anything else. Stay on target.

Edited by megaflop

Guest Bart of Darkness

Give me an AK-47 and and I'll get right on it!

I'd agree with that.

Relative to most of the rest of the world that's true. Hopefully it won't change too much until I'm dead. :)

Nearly there!

5/ It's OK to take some risks. Despite what most people on this site will tell you.

Most people on this site are prepared to take a risk (shares, gold, shorting etc.). We don't see negative equity as a risk of buying property at the moment however, more like a certainty.

not in my version B)

When you google it you get no tums at all, it just says...................."(whistle)"

My wife says you says you are right and I am wrong -. she insists theres no tiddly at all, its all tees and tums

When you google it you get no tums at all, it just says...................."(whistle)"

My wife says you says you are right and I am wrong -. she insists theres no tiddly at all, its all tees and tums

:D I googled too - to check! nice to be right about something! :D

(us laydees have to stick together ;) )