House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nodumsunreader

Where Are All The "60% Reduction In Prices Bears"

Months ago, this board was full of misled and misguided unfortunates who were convinced by the propaganda dished out by HPC that they only had to wait and the house of their dreams could be theirs for a fraction of the current price if only they wait. Many months on and prices have not crashed and are now rising again and .....guess what, talk of 60% reductions has all but disappeared. Me thinks someone has some serious apologising to do ...and stop trying to convince people that black really is white.

Months ago, this board was full of misled and misguided unfortunates who were convinced by the propaganda dished out by HPC that they only had to wait and the house of their dreams could be theirs for a fraction of the current price if only they wait. Many months on and prices have not crashed and are now rising again and .....guess what, talk of 60% reductions has all but disappeared. Me thinks someone has some serious apologising to do ...and stop trying to convince people that black really is white.

dont you mean:

Months ago, this board was full of misled and misguided unfortunates who were convinced by the propaganda dished out by the BBC that they only had to wait and the riches of their dreams could be theirs for a fraction of effort if only they wait. Many months on and prices have not risen and are now falling again and .....guess what, talk of 60% increases with sipps has all but disappeared. Me thinks someone has some serious apologising to do ...and stop trying to convince people that black really is white.

I'm not sure there were ever that many who expected 60% price falls however a 30% drop over the next few years remains very likely. Falls of up to 50% remain possible if the necessary correction results in panic and the maket overshooting its equilibrium in the other direction.

I found black is always black, but you attempt in your posts to try to make the black look white. :rolleyes:

Perhaps in the woods 5hitting out BTL 2 bed apartments that no one wants :P Or would that be you ;)

As I recall, there was the wonderfully loony 'Bruno' who was on about '70% drops by August' or whatever - most other people as I recall thought 30 - 40% over several years an extreme crash (and that is what is happening, btw).

Jeezuz. Just realized I'm replying to that sad lonely troll 'noddyDumbF*ckBleeder'.

What's up, loser? Still bleeding cash on your sad little BTL 2 bedder over the kebab shop in Holloway rd???

.....guess what, talk of 60% reductions has all but disappeared. Me thinks someone has some serious apologising to do

Well I'm still around but I never said then that 60% was possible then and I won't say so now (though I do believe it could occur if things really go badly or banks get risk averse ala 1993-6).

However, you need to conduct a simple test. Find a house where the owner has lived there for 5 years or so and see if they could currently afford to buy that house (i.e. guess their income and compare it to the house price). If the ratio is greater than 3 unless we are in a new era, prices will probably drop.

running that against people I know the ratio is not 3 or even 4 but more like 7 to 10. If that is the case its possible that 60% drops may be possible (especially as where I live asking prices have risen 150% in the past three years).

Edited by eek

Can you post links to threads where these 60% statements were made?

<cut>

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=19743&hl=60%

Was about to say the same thing myself, nodumsunreader pull out a good selection of these 60 % falls and also the members who believe the 60% falls would happen by now if the board was "full" of them a few months ago this shouldn't be a problem.

Guest Bart of Darkness

wasting ur time. He's been pulled back into the estate agents to do some more photocopying of 'particulars'.

How is the market in Luton holding up Nodum?

Congratulations, with mine, that's now 11 replies to your inflammatory piece of nonsense.

Did you get a good sense of achievment from that?

If it's really attention you are after dumbattentionseeker, do as the others say and actually post some links to these fabled predictions you infer were plentiful only "months ago".

I awaited with baited breath (yawn).

NDL

I still think that there will be 60% falls in some parts of the country - the North of England, many parts of Wales, etc.

In my part of the World, West Wales, the cold reality is that a 60% fall will not even take many of the properties that I would consider buying back to their 2001 price - that is how twisted the current market is at the present time.

I think falls of 30 and 40 percent in the next few years is very likely, that several areas will see 50% falls and several, as I mentioned, will see prices fall by 60% and, dare I say (Oh, go on!), more.

This is the biggest financial bubble in history. All financial bubbles eventually pop with the bust being bigger than the inflation. This bubble will be no different. There are no more speculators waiting to buy at current prices. FTBs are priced completely out of the market. The market is in stalemate with EAs and sellers in self-denial. It is only a matter of time.

I'll predict a 50% crash, but I'm not sure about 60%. If they drop by half, it will still leave me a profit of 300% on the house I bought three years ago, so like most people I won't be too worried by the slight correction.

IMO, a 60% drop isnt going to happen, but I have been wondering when the 'crash' will come. According to history, whenever house prices have bubbled, they have ALWAYS popped some time afterwards. The bulls will say 'it wont happen this time', and the bears will say 'just wait for history to repeat itself, again!'.

From what I've read in books like 'The grip of death' and seen in documentries like 'The money masters', its the banks that create these crashes, whenever they feel the need to. For example, the banks actually created the depression in america in the thirties by contracting the money supply. They are powerfull, and anyone who has debts is under their control and they like to keep it that way.

What is the trigger for a crash? Unemployment, consumer confidence (ie. willingness to spend on credit cards) or a slowdown in the economy? I think its the banks at work, but who knows. House prices are at the highest multiple of earnings since forever, and I'm sure somethings going to hit the fan soon.

IMO, a 60% drop isnt going to happen, but I have been wondering when the 'crash' will come. According to history, whenever house prices have bubbled, they have ALWAYS popped some time afterwards. The bulls will say 'it wont happen this time', and the bears will say 'just wait for history to repeat itself, again!'.

From what I've read in books like 'The grip of death' and seen in documentries like 'The money masters', its the banks that create these crashes, whenever they feel the need to. For example, the banks actually created the depression in america in the thirties by contracting the money supply. They are powerfull, and anyone who has debts is under their control and they like to keep it that way.

What is the trigger for a crash? Unemployment, consumer confidence (ie. willingness to spend on credit cards) or a slowdown in the economy? I think its the banks at work, but who knows. House prices are at the highest multiple of earnings since forever, and I'm sure somethings going to hit the fan soon.

new build 2 bed BTL flats are massively overvalued....the Portman BS described their valuations by developers as more of an art than a science and will no longer do BTL loans on them..............These will lose 60% of their value even if the rest of the market stagnates or just falls 5 or so %...............................................................

I wouldn't put a % on how much houses will reduce by. The question I would ask, is it unreasonable to assume that house prices won't go down as the the same rate they went up?

This talk of a fixed % of prices is really dumb - dumb-sun-reader is dumb for saying it like that. Noone was ever suggesting that there would be a universal drop of prices. Assuming that there had been a 30% reported drop of prices, this would mask the fact that there would be some areas that might actually increase over the time whilst some had dropped through the floor (ie by 50% or more - maybe in North Wales etc.).

The problem with the above regional differences is that both the extremist bears and the extremist bulls declare themselves the winner because they are both right in their respective ways and people start saying "told you so".

For my own part, I still think that some areas will take a hammering whilst others will feel little impact.

House prices have doubled over the last 5 years in my area, they could go back down just as easily but some people seem to find this hard to believe for some reason :rolleyes: Im not sure why, the economy is doomed :(