House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Please Can We Be Reasonable

I just tried to reply to a topic posted on our forum by a new poster, but before I could complete my post to

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=21381

it was moved to the troll sub forum.

Can someone please explain why our moderators are SO aggressive? I couldn't spot anything in the post which broke the rules. All I could spot was a lot of uninformed opinion. Surely that does not constitute a troll?

If these posts are moved too quickly, then the lurkers here will have no opportunity to see them torn to shreds by the vast community of informed posters here.

At least the moderator should post a REASON for moving it (identifying multiple accounts from 1 ip address etc).

We are in danger of becoming VI's ourselves. Please don't let this happen. I agree I don't want to see Bill Gates here, but this poster has made only TWO posts and has had no chance to reply.

Who will moderate the moderators?

(I hope im not trolled for this)

Guest horace

Trolls, I think, are the spice of life. What say you?

I suppose one could allege that Private Eye is a Troll of the Media. The problem is the `meeja` can`t electronically banish them.

Do you get my drift?

horace. <_<<_<

Edited by horace

Guest Bart of Darkness
As far as I'm aware it's only multiple registration that makes a troll.

And since multiple registrations are against forum rules, they can hardly claim unfair treatment (doesn't stop them though).

And I just know that we've all read those rules haven't we? B)

As a long time member, I now read more than I write because I see the crash is playing out just as we thought but not as some expected. So we are very much on course. I did take the time to reply to the aforementioned thread because it stated material which was simply not true from my working experiences and it just sounded like an alarmist type advertisment for UK property investment, plenty of which can be found in our national press.

Edited by delite1

Isnt a troll someone who just posts something to wind people up without intending to justify their opinions or advance new facts?

If you look at the original post it seems clear that it falls directly into that catagory, it isnt a genuine attempt to start a debate its just a wind up.

Thats the difference between a troll and someone whose ideas you dont agree with.

It must be a hard call on occasions but a site like this could get completely over run with nonsense if it wasnt moderated. Theres no point reading the site just to see the same assertions without justifiation over and over again. Youd learn nothing and so go somewhere else for your entertainment

Guest horace

delite1

` I see the crash is playing out just as we thought but not as some expected.`

Unquote.

Covering all bases there delite1. And the `crash` of 2005 is where?

horace. ;)

Can someone please explain why our moderators are SO aggressive? I couldn't spot anything in the post which broke the rules. All I could spot was a lot of uninformed opinion. Surely that does not constitute a troll?

there's been a spate of trolling in the past few days/weeks, it seems to me.

Better this stern pre-emptive response than to have the board over-run with nonsensical and repetitive trolling.

completely over run with nonsense if it wasnt moderated.

wow - I'm sure I didn't read that before my post. Subliminal influences?

delite1

Unquote.

horace. ;)

I take it you two dont get on. :lol::lol::lol:;)

delite1

Unquote.

horace. ;)

I bet he can spell Roofs correctly just like white van man.

The BBC and Bill Gates would agree.

Rooves? what are they? Slap your teacher`s wrists Horace. :P

Horace,

I don't know who you are but the crash of 2005 is the crash of HPI from around 14% per annum to 3% as stated by Nationwide. 2006 will carry forward this decline into negative figures.Similarly as someone who witnessed the last crash on a day by day basis this one is playing out just the same. The problem this time is the entire Government's credibilty depends on a healthy consumer and high house prices and in the absense of this all of New Labour years will mean nothing.So with that in mind I do not expect the authorities to give in without one hell of a fight. Brown's recent withdrawal of Sipps was an example of how despite a willingness to do anything to sustain the bubble for New Labour the Treasury had to throw in the towel simply because of economics.Expect more of this 11th hour U-turning right down to the last.

I do not know of any reason why I should not get on with you so I don't know why someone else is implying that.No problem my end, this is a board for all of us to share ideas and information not to create enemies.