House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

700 Poles Appear In Economic Blackspot (llanelli)

Around 700 Poles have recently moved to live in the Llanelli area apparently (according to a local priest) - Llanelli is a real economic blackspot with dreadful employment prospects. Wonder if this implies that E European immigrants are finding it increasingly difficult to find jobs in their usual stomping grounds, so they're moving west in desperation without understanding the economic implications.

By the way, just spoken to a Polish journalist who told me that the current massive emigration of young Poles is expected to result in a 'demographic catastrophe' there. Not a good place to invest in property then!

Edited by gruffydd

Maybe they thought the mines are still open?

Maybe they've just heard about the problems with Russian supplied gas and are anticipating the re-opening of the mines?

They're probably the only ones left who can do the job, I imagine most of our miners are retired now!

Makes you think though, doesn't it?

Maybe they thought the mines are still open?

Maybe they will do the jobs the local don't want to do, however few there may be.

They would probably have to work 25 hours a day to exceed the income of a native on incapacity benefit once externatilities like housing, tax and council tax are taken into account.

They're probably the only ones left who can do the job, I imagine most of our miners are retired now!

Makes you think though, doesn't it?

In Birmingham there is a big subterranean bunker 100ft under Newhall Street where the BT tower is located, it's called the Anchor exchange, there are similar one's in London and Manchester, and a major one in Wiltshire which had the second largest telephone exchange in the country when built, and that's where the PM and Whitehall would decamp if things went a little awry.

Anyway, the one in Birmingham was built by Polish workers, the authorities liked this because they didn't speak a word of English (make up your own jokes about the locals) so obviously everything was kept nice and secret. If a nosey journalist asked what going on they would be told they're building an experimental undeground metro or working on the nearby Queensway tunnel, given the works going on at the time nobody seem to notice and the workers kept mum.

Wonder if this implies that E European immigrants are finding it increasingly difficult to find jobs in their usual stomping grounds, so they're moving west in desperation without understanding the economic implications.

Polish jobs in Poland are being taken by Ukrainians, in the Ukrain a worker would do well to earn £80 per month whilst in Poland £150 is more normal - £1200 per month in the UK for 60 hours a week makes the UK seem like a gold mine I'd imagine.

i read the news today oh boy.

a thousand poles in blackburn lancashire.

although the poles were rather small.

we had to count them all.

now we know how many poles it takes to fill the albert hall.

i read the news today oh boy.

a thousand poles in blackburn lancashire.

although the poles were rather small.

we had to count them all.

now we know how many poles it takes to fill the albert hall.

rfd - I read your posts with interest, however I can't make up my mind if you're a genius or mad as a bag of cats!

Either way, keep going mate, you're a breath of fresh air around here.

You're not ex military by any chance? The humour's similar. ;)

You're not ex military by any chance? The humour's similar.

if i told you id have to then karate chop your thorax. blip to 6 lists of active digital insurgents, before making my exit within the smooth swell of a powerful speedboat. backdrop of possibly either exploding gas tanker and/or terrorist bus driving off half opened tower bridge ramp, safely in the thames.. then medals.