House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
200p

New Flats From £174k Hurry Selling Fast

ahhh excellent :lol: theres a couple of adds like that on my way to work, ill see if i can pull over and take a snap of them. I can see this thread becomming quite large in the future :)

This is an advertisement feature :)

i drive past these very flats every day on my way to work.

please don't remind me of that yet - i'm still on holiday!! :)

to be 100% honest. yes the flats look good for 1 or 2 people to live in. ect.

but for £45k.

174k - WHAT A TOTAL JOKE THIS SITUATION IS !!!!

have you ever seen anything that represents such POOR value for MONEY in your life ?

Property has been turned into nothing more than a big money making exercise,look at the sign on the first photo,INVESTORS,its all about buying then selling on at a profit .It has worked wonderfully in the last 5 years or so ,but it must be obvious to even the most dimwitted person that the **** has been torn out of the market.What happened to property being merely a place to live,BTLers have gone the length and breadth of this country like a swarm of locust buying up property fixing it up then selling for a profit.

Price range: £174,995 to £309,995 :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I was brought up in Pompy area and although I haven't followed the market since, these prices sound around double what could be considered reasonable, Milton road isn't quite Gunwarf.

I see they are advertsing i.e pre-negotiation: 5% deposit, stamp duty + fees paid, 6% rental guarantee * 2 yrs, carpets + white goods.....anything but lower the headline price eh.

And here's my local equivilant:

http://www.victoryhill.tv/vh_pages/vh_a_home_0.htm

Similar price, similar incentives, similar poor build quality and over development of site.

Edited by BTLOptingOut

This is an advertisement feature :)

Its very interesting to compare the guaranteed income with the stockmarket investment guarantees which were abundant 12-18 months ago.

Before the recent bull run on the ftse, investment offers were guaranteeing capital, i.e. no risk to capital, with gains linked to the performance of the ftse.

These "investments" of course are guaranteeing income for 2 years with no capital guarantee.

Bull run or bear run for property over the next 2 years? .......now let me think.

:)

Part of the building looks like its been the subject of a dirty protest...

Yes that was by Dunroamin last night. :lol::lol::lol:;)

Property has been turned into nothing more than a big money making exercise,look at the sign on the first photo, INVESTORS, its all about buying then selling on at a profit .It has worked wonderfully in the last 5 years or so... [lagos36]

Lea Beven says it made her bankrupt...

http://www.leabeven.com/

Q - Can you make money out of "Off Plan" property investing?

A - NOT LIKELY. Many discounted schemes have the value increased to enable the developer to give you a discount so that you don't have to put money down. This can leave you with negative equity right away. Having lost over 40 properties between 2002 and 2005 in this way, what I don't know about Off Plan investing pitfalls is not worth knowing.

Interested? Well I have made and lost millions, wanting desperately to work for myself because I have a permanent back injury and don't want to be on benefits - I was prepared to try anything. Since year 2000 I have taken many risks ... I am now a bankrupt, starting again, but applying what I have learned - the hard way.

"Lea started small. At the age of 19 she had a bungalow in Wolverhampton and shared a house with her then-boyfriend just outside Telford "

I have the dubious honour of living next door to Lea Beven's first bungalow in Oxley, Wolverhampton.

It will be a long time before this type of property will springboard anyone else into being a successful property tycoon.

There are three similar bungalows for rent in the immediate area - all wanting a tenant! and as for capital growth :lol:

INVESTORS!!! (count 'em, be jesus we need INVESTORS!!!)

Take a look at that first picture, the third balcony up to the left of the 174,995 poster, you can see father Christmas standing by the window, or the ghost of developments past, very eery.

Edited by BuyingBear

Guest Cletus VanDamme

to be 100% honest. yes the flats look good for 1 or 2 people to live in. ect.

but for £45k.

174k - WHAT A TOTAL JOKE THIS SITUATION IS !!!!

have you ever seen anything that represents such POOR value for MONEY in your life ?

I assumed that at that price the flats were in the Greater London area. But Portsmouth .... WTF ?!?!

You're right Fred, I think 45K is about what these flats are objectively worth in any market conditions.

^^ :)

Yes, they have the EU laminate mountain to work away :)

Seriously I suspect it is probably the cheapest cladding

available.

Perhaps this tells us something about the intended lifespan

of these units - i.e. as long as it takes to flip. :)

(though even that might be to long)

ABB

Why do they use wooden cladding on these buildings nowadays?

I've seen a few with it and it just seems like a potential maintenance nightmare.

It's not just clad, these places are system built and dropped into place with a crane, the whole super-structure is wooden frames, even new flats with brick facades are wooden frame under the clad.

A private gym and secret walled garden make this exclusive development highly desirable.

"We'd love to show you where the garden is... but urm! You just have to sign this form then I can tell you where to go!"

Road and rail links are excellent with easy access to the M27.

Oh dear, that usually means it's sandwiched between a rail line and a motorway junction.

Edited by BuyingBear

Its quicker and cheaper,like you said a maintainance nightmare.

Why do they use wooden cladding on these buildings nowadays?

I've seen a few with it and it just seems like a potential maintenance nightmare.

Off thread - but these were in my camera...

Small builders cashing in - no works for months on these sites. I guess they are waiting for the summer..

Buckland demolition are having a field day.

Pictures of 3 different sites - i bet they are going to be flats!

PIC_0002BUCK.JPG

PIC_0010BUCK.JPG

PIC_0016BUCK.JPG

post-850-1136148891_thumb.jpg

post-850-1136148959_thumb.jpg

post-850-1136148990_thumb.jpg

Edited by trev

Take a look at that first picture, the third balcony up to the left of the 174,995 poster, you can see father Christmas standing by the window, or the ghost of developments past, very eery.

You're right. Can you see Frank Zappa looking out of the window just above the yellow "o" in "from".

I'm well spooked now.