House Price Crash Forum
stripycat

Multiple Id Policy -trolls

It appears to me that the multiple ID policy is only enforced when a users make a bullish post.

This approach seriously threatens the credibility of the site and undermines any use it might have as providing honest anecdotal evidence of what is happening on the ground.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

It appears to me that the multiple ID policy is only enforced when a users make a bullish post.

This approach seriously threatens the credibility of the site and undermines any use it might have as providing honest anecdotal evidence of what is happening on the ground.

Bears using multiple IDs have also been banned, and when Moderators are aware of others action is taken.

It also applies to Windup posters as well, but as not to get accused of acting like the Stazi we throw them all in here.

Just to clear-up any confusion that occurs when reading this thread.

The first post in the thread was not intended to be part of this thread. It was posted on the following thread:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=21292

However as I am now a troll :D the moderators did not add the response to the intended thread but added to the beginning of another thread which I started.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

The first post in the thread was not intended to be part of this thread. It was posted on the following thread:

So are you saying you are also Pete95.

So are you saying you are also Pete95.

No.

My point is that when I look at the house market near me I see stagnation rather than falling prices (which are commonly reported on HPC). I do not see falling prices and wanted to raise this as an issue for discussion. Are there regional variations?

But rather than discussing this I am simply labeled a troll. Suddenly my multiple accounts become an issue.

For six months I have had exactly the same number of accounts. This has not been an issue when I post a bearish viewpoint.

Guest The_Oldie

For six months I have had exactly the same number of accounts. This has not been an issue when I post a bearish viewpoint.

Your multiple accounts have just been identified. Simple as that!

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Maybe you drew attention to yourself to alert the moderators, we can`t spend endless hours checking on all 3,000 plus members, but occasionally a user name or a post may spur us to investigate. As I said previously other bears have been banned, as the new policy of putting them in the troll forum had not been created at that time. So if you believe having multiple IDs is not trollish behaviour then I beg to disagree.

There are many posters on this Forum who I feel have bullish views and they post with no problem or restrictions.

Your multiple accounts have just been identified. Simple as that!

That seems rather convenient. A good way to ensure that bullish posters are banished to Troll city. :D

Maybe you drew attention to yourself to alert the moderators, we can`t spend endless hours checking on all 3,000 plus members, but occasionally a user name or a post may spur us to investigate. As I said previously other bears have been banned, as the new policy of putting them in the troll forum had not been created at that time. So if you believe having multiple IDs is not trollish behaviour then I beg to disagree.

There are many posters on this Forum who I feel have bullish views and they post with no problem or restrictions.

I did not draw attention to myself. I simply said that what I see around me does not match up with what people here are saying. :o

I do not think that having multiple IDs is trollish behaviour.

Please! This is an internet forum discussing house prices.

Guest The_Oldie

That seems rather convenient. A good way to ensure that bullish posters are banished to Troll city. :D

No, only the trolls with multiple identities and commercial VI trolls. Our rules clearly state that multiple IDs are not allowed.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I do not think that having multiple IDs is trollish behaviour.

Well as a Moderator I disagree, so end of discussion.

London Landlady made the comment on SP that all AOL users have the same IP address. She believes that others have been banned simply due to that fact.

I too use AOL. Was I banned just because I had the same SP address, or simply because I was annoying Dr B.

The good doctor annoys and exasperates many on SP, but no one calls for him to be banned.

London Landlady made the comment on SP that all AOL users have the same IP address. She believes that others have been banned simply due to that fact.

I too use AOL. Was I banned just because I had the same SP address, or simply because I was annoying Dr B.

The good doctor annoys and exasperates many on SP, but no one calls for him to be banned.

I read your posts on SP, a man/women of very few words in the Property Market Discussion Forum.

I find SP does not get swamped with rubbish so they will tolerate you and that multi ID troll London Landlady.

Edit: Just read your posts here, not worth the time of day.

Just to clarify I had 2 IDs. Only one was used regularly. The other was used once or twice to post something which could in conjunction with the other posts identify me. (not recently at all)

So in general I used only one ID. (not a large number of multiple registrations)

Again a flatmate is a fellow HPC user, I also pointed a few workmates to the site. So after one or two bullish postings and work colleagues / flatmates sharing an IP address. I am classified as a troll.

Again I realise that as I indeed had more than 1 account that the moderators are indeed correct in trolling me.

But my point is that not all trolls have been registering a large number of multiple regisrations and trying to create disarray.

Just to clarify I had 2 IDs. Only one was used regularly. The other was used once or twice to post something which could in conjunction with the other posts identify me. (not recently at all)

So in general I used only one ID. (not a large number of multiple registrations)

Again a flatmate is a fellow HPC user, I also pointed a few workmates to the site. So after one or two bullish postings and work colleagues / flatmates sharing an IP address. I am classified as a troll.

Again I realise that as I indeed had more than 1 account that the moderators are indeed correct in trolling me.

But my point is that not all trolls have been registering a large number of multiple regisrations and trying to create disarray.

Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no - because Shane Edwards took Louise round the back of the chippy and SHE has two user accounts anyway....SHUT UP Dont give me the evils.......etc etc.

This post has such an air of desperation about it....you got well and truly caught with your 2 ID's matey.