House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
David Smith

The Long Term Demand For Property Remains Very Good

The long term demand for property remains very good. Don't be put off by short term speculation when considering buy to let as a landlord and in particular don't let those retards at housepricecrash.co.uk (HPC) put you off buying a property because property investment is a medium to long term investment.

The only reason why the retards at housepricecrash.co.uk (HPC) are trying to talk the property market down is so that they themselves can buy a property on the cheap and so make money when property prices start to rise again.

Despite any short term worries the future outlook for the property market remains positive. The reasons why property will be a good long term investment are:

Massive future growth in rental demand. Private rental properties now only accounts for 11% of all UK housing (approximately 2.3 million homes) and this is estimated to grow to around 20% over the next 15 to 20 years.

Huge population growth of five milion people by 2025, an ageing population and asylum seekers.

Chronic supply shortages of new properties (relative to demand) due to Government policies

Millions more single or divorced people predicted to be living alone

Low interest rates as the UK tries to battle against a global recession

Increased number of students nationwide demanding short-term, off campus accommodation

A mobile workforce that demands short term housing to meet increasingly flexible needs.

Guest The_Oldie

The only reason why the retards at housepricecrash.co.uk (HPC) are trying to talk the property market down is so that they themselves can buy a property on the cheap and so make money when property prices start to rise again.

Thank you "Bill Gates".

I'd like to give a great big HPC welcome to David Smith - so nice to have someone start calling me and everyone else here - bulls and bears alike - "retards" in one of their very first posts.

:D

I would like to encourage everyone here to be nice to Mr Smith, after all we wouldn't want to discourage bulls from posting and being called a retard is hardly aggressive is it?<_<

Oh, and Mr Smith you clearly think that talking the property market down is a bad thing, can you explain why you think talking the property market up is a good thing?

Or perhaps you just want to start insulting threads and then disappear. <_<

Guest pioneer31

on the cheap? What planet are you from. Prices will have to nosedive a long way before they become cheap.

Massive future growth in rental demand.

and the reason for this (apart from wishful thinking) is...........

Huge population growth of five milion people by 2025, an ageing population and asylum seekers.

all with enough money to buy at todays prices? :rolleyes:

Chronic supply shortages of new properties (relative to demand) due to Government policies

Chronic supply shortages due to greedy BTL's owning whole streets of houses.

Low interest rates as the UK tries to battle against a global recession

well if there's a global recession then theres zero chance of house price inflation

Increased number of students nationwide demanding short-term, off campus accommodation

why does that inflate house prices? They aren't buying

Edited by pioneer31

I could have sworn I saw two other threads, saying the same thing, within minutes of each other, from our new dear member Mr Smith.

I hereby claim my right to post 16 threads on the same theme within 5 minutes. And I'd like to change my name please, from VacantPossession, to something "ordinary", "reasonable" and mainstream. How about:

David Smith

Peter Brown

Peter Smith

David Jones

John Smith

David Johns

Of course these are all my real names. Any of these do?

VP

Edited by VacantPossession