House Price Crash Forum

Which Currency For The Str Fund In 2006?

Samuel Whiskers

HOLA441

Wife and I STR'd Q4 2005. Money is in bank at moment. We are waiting to see what happens to the market over the next 18 months. I am worried about possible erosion of the value of the money from inflation. We don't want to put it into gold because we don't want to be kept up at night worrying about the peaks and troughs of the gold price.

Inflation seems to be a distinct possiblility for 2006. Any ideas on which currency do is going to stand up best in 2006, and is it really worth us opening an account and putting the cash into it?

Has anyone on the forum converted all their STR fund into Euros or Swiss Francs?

HOLA442

Wife and I STR'd Q4 2005. Money is in bank at moment. We are waiting to see what happens to the market over the next 18 months. I am worried about possible erosion of the value of the money from inflation. We don't want to put it into gold because we don't want to be kept up at night worrying about the peaks and troughs of the gold price.

Inflation seems to be a distinct possiblility for 2006. Any ideas on which currency do is going to stand up best in 2006, and is it really worth us opening an account and putting the cash into it?

Has anyone on the forum converted all their STR fund into Euros or Swiss Francs?

Usd, or swiss francs

HOLA443
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA444
HOLA445