House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spoony

Spectre Of Negative Equity Over At British Expats

Summary of posts in this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....t=344230&page=6

we have already dropped once mate. its not that we are hanging out for the best price - far from it. however we havent even had a bleedin offer

------------

OK. Bugger. Did you mean selling for less than you bought?

-----------------

Originally Posted by Rooksie

we bought for 165,000. originally went on market at 185,000, now down to £178,000 so if we drop to, say, £170,000 chances are we wont even break even when we take into account agents fees. sob sob sob

----------------

Unbelievable, Rachel and I both loved the look of your house I can't believe the markets that bad

He must be mad, he should second mortgage it to the hilt, go on a spree with the credit cards and then send the building society a thank you letter with the keys when he gets to the other side :D

Ah me old mates on expats, I do miss 'em. I'll have to remember to send 'em some more karma as they seem to be running on empty. I just keep forgetting.

Edited by shakerbaby

Ah, that'll be the Nationwide effect. Tell sellers that the market recovered in the autumn (when the data clearly shows nothing of the sort) and watch them wonder why they can't sell.

yes, and I am seeing this with my friends, colleagues and acquaintances.

OK, its strictly anecdotal, but there's been a spate of "forced" selling amongst people I know lately. Considering I don't like associating with homeowners <spit> ;) this is an unusually large proportion

2 x relationship break-ups

2 x moving with work

all reluctantly going into rented for various reasons, I'd like to think I have helped to influence that decision. Oh, only one of the four has sold so far though. Some reluctance to consider lowering prices, holding on for the promised upturn... yikes.

What it is with people. When they do get a reasonable offer they decline it then 6 months later whine about whay they haven't sold. The sellers that make me laugh are the ones who take the property off the market in anticipation of a rise in prices. Even worse are those that decide to hold onto it and do it up for renting out while they move into their new property MEWed from the last one!!

Ah, that'll be the Nationwide effect. Tell sellers that the market recovered in the autumn (when the data clearly shows nothing of the sort) and watch them wonder why they can't sell.

you have to laugh at why they do this kind of thing.

its like provoking a nest of bees.

or do they say these things, then watch the sellers dance about in frustration through a large orb shaped projector at HQ that hides behind a sliding metal door. is it some form of experiment ? like that film scanners.