House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chesterfield

Stagnation

Do you all think there will be significant house price reductions.

Even though I belive it would ultimately be a good thing for the majority, I cannot see it happening.

My unqualified opinion is stagnation with a gentle downward trend, occasional leveling off and gentle upward trends following on from each other will occur (based on prices falling to where some people will buy, thus slightly increasing, becoming yet again unattainable to many and thus slightly decreasing and perpetuating the cycle).

My reasons are:

1. People seem to prefer to say put (in the majority of cases) rather than drop price. Evidenced by reviewing house sales in my home town. A few are sold, a few appear to be sold then reappear on the market later. The majority remain unsold, though some for sale signs vanish without my ever seeing a subsequent sold sign

2. People are generally not forced to sell (though I appreciate the links posted by others that refer to the Ex Pats house sale problems, which does seem to provide a truer indicater of house devaluation)

3. Prices cannot go down if nobody is selling, they can even go up if the vendor decides to ask for more (mathematically rather than economically correct) so increased house price news may accurate, yet misleading

I've decided to monitor the ?sale? of some new flat builds in Chesterfield:

1 - 3 bedroom flats ranging from stated asking prices of £106 to 178K

Advertising is targeted (not exclusively though) at BTL

Claimed 80% sold prior to completion (I'm unable to substantiate this claim)

Claimed Mortgage assistance / guaranteed 6 % return for 12 months advertised

Not exactly a bad area, but adjacent to one of the least popular ones

Web ref:-

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-property-f.../baho999000716/

PS I'm an IT Worker not an economist, so please don't shred me if you think my comments are incorrect, just explain why

in the NW prices on semis are coming down from £140k to £110-120k since summer.

i wouldnt describe that as gradual. 3 years of this and ill be ready to apply.

I stand to be corrected by others who have researched in greater detail. As stated my comments are based on observation of my own town and thus may not be representative of the country as a whole. This is why i've chosen to monitor the sale of the mentioned flats. My interest in the is academic only and I will try to present any factual sale information without bias

possibly the most boring thread EVER on this bored (sorry, board).

Ooops, gone and bumped the damned thing, didn't I? Sorry.

Quite :lol:

Zzzzzz......whao??.......oh....just another rhetorical question thread masquerading as sincere enquiry ......oops sorry bumped it again. Now where was I.....ah yes.......Zzzzzzzzzzzz

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

wow. Chesterfondler 'cant see it happening'.

Well woopee-f*cking-doo.

Oh oh - gorn'n'bumped the thread again, didn't I? Sorry!

Now look what you've done....oops....well I'm blowed....darn it. Bumped again. Must stop......(to self:come on VP...bit of self control now). That's enough bumping (well....maybe just one more if you're good).

:D VP

Guest The_Oldie

PS I'm an IT Worker not an economist, so please don't shred me if you think my comments are incorrect, just explain why

Interesting that you have registered again on 27th December under the user name of ITWorker. Why is it that some people just can't make do with one registration?

In the long-run I feel that prices will fall but I cannot see any evidence of price falls here in the berkshire area.

Asking prices are still the same as asking prices a year ago and in some cases more. So on the ground I cannot see any of the falling asking prices which some are reporting.

Houses are still selling (definitely taking a while though) but it seems to me as if there is a stalemate. There aren't that many houses for sale so those on the market do seem to eventually sell. I think there needs to be more forced sales by BTLs before we get any price falls.

Guest The_Oldie

In the long-run I feel that prices will fall but I cannot see any evidence of price falls here in the berkshire area.

Asking prices are still the same as asking prices a year ago and in some cases more. So on the ground I cannot see any of the falling asking prices which some are reporting.

Houses are still selling (definitely taking a while though) but it seems to me as if there is a stalemate. There aren't that many houses for sale so those on the market do seem to eventually sell. I think there needs to be more forced sales by BTLs before we get any price falls.

Another one with multiple registrations. Looks like four in your case!

sorry, sorry...i accidentally lent on the add reply button and inadvertantly bumped the thread up.

sorreeee....!!

At least with you it was accidental. I've got this twitch. I just can't control it. It keeps hitting "reply" as well. It must be a form of mass hysteria. I just can't stop. I am going to register with "bumping rhetorical threads anonymous".

So interesting to discover an ever so rare example of dual registration, I'm sure this is just an unfortunate error. And the thread was So innocent, wasn't it. A really GENUINE enquiry and so utterly sincere.

Oh....oh.......it's Doctor Strangelove, my arm keeps rising....can't stop it....it's falling...oh no..............BUMP.

Oh I DO apologise.

VP

what the ??

ive just received some spam through the email saying:

click this link for hot girls......[PRESS]

when i clicked it i was directed here to the reply page.

pesky off shore spam farms.....getting in the way of all the genuine spam deals.

like ciallais ?? re: hotteennyphetss/butfockorgy-strong-lesbianbouncers.howareyou.

what the ??

ive just received some spam through the email saying:

click this link for hot girls......[PRESS]

when i clicked it i was directed here to the reply page.

pesky off shore spam farms.....getting in the way of all the genuine spam deals.

like ciallais ?? re: hotteennyphetss/butfockorgy-strong-lesbianbouncers.howareyou.

Right...that's it. This is disgraceful, and a rude waste of precious bandwidth. I promise.....no more bumping. No excuses any more. Fin. End. Enough. Oh, how immature. Really! Tut tut. bump.

Edited by VacantPossession

Another one with multiple registrations. Looks like four in your case!

its all getting a bit out of hand with these multiple posters. Can't work out who's who anymore !

is it a VI attempt to flood the forum with virtual stooges ??

:ph34r:

Now it's the Witching Hour.

The HPC Demons are unleashed.

From the fiery depths they pour forth to spread their evil gospel of negative equity, debt millstones, economic cycles and false CPI.

Who will push these hordes back into the pit of Hell?

ahh. am i here again.?

sorry, i was trying to use my tv remote to turn over to itv to watch 'stop or my mom will shoot' with sly stalone, (on now) and somehow its posted a reply.

Ain't they magic, those learning remotes.

We bought our house last year for 202000 and having spent just 10k on it it is now worth 310000 in about 14 months All houses in our street around that price have sold within 2-3 months and so we are cashing in and downsizing I am in Brighton BTW and there are sold boards everywhere