House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crash co-ordinator

More Arrse From The Bbc

Sorry if this has already been posted but the BBC must all be suckin' each other off with promissing stats' like these. Half a Percent, now that's worth celebrating!!!! Bunch A T055ERS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4568366.stm

If they said it had fallen .5% a month I suspect we'd be celebrating. They'd be talk of 6% annualised falls, 10% in real terms etc. etc.

Sorry if this has already been posted but the BBC must all be suckin' each other off with promissing stats' like these. Half a Percent, now that's worth celebrating!!!! Bunch A T055ERS

Same old, same old.. vested interest publishes data showing positive gains... faithfully published through rose-tinted spectacles by the BBC. I didn't know BBC news' mandate was to make middle britain feel so good (whilst the taxman robs them blind).

:rolleyes:

how dare you complain about the bbc being incredibly bias !!

they have the power to enter your home and get you jailed for watching itv.

THEY ARE THIEVING SCUM..

Over the top...?

well I was paying my licence my direct debit.. (nice and easy.. year after year and forget about it..

only they want you to get a few months ahead.. so they charge double for six months..

Now.. you move into a house which has a licence.. the BBC owe you over £50.. try getting it back...

buggers..

its not a lot of money... but will be by the end of january..

personally.. no time for them since then.

THEY ARE THIEVING SCUM..

Over the top...?

well I was paying my licence my direct debit.. (nice and easy.. year after year and forget about it..

only they want you to get a few months ahead.. so they charge double for six months..

Now.. you move into a house which has a licence.. the BBC owe you over £50.. try getting it back...

buggers..

its not a lot of money... but will be by the end of january..

personally.. no time for them since then.

Slightly off topic but, if you pay it all at the post office then they have a whole years upfront. Isn't that even worse? How do you get it back when you move? I recall that they will only refund unused 3 month portions. Rip off!

Edited by Spoony

Same old, same old.. vested interest publishes data showing positive gains... faithfully published through rose-tinted spectacles by the BBC. I didn't know BBC news' mandate was to make middle britain feel so good (whilst the taxman robs them blind).

There's been an avalanche of press releases with a positive spin from the VI's these past few weeks which seemed to intensify after Brown's shock announcement shelving residential property in SIPPs. This all smacks of desperation as there now seems little else left to prop up the house of cards though I suppose it may succeed in suckering a few more in at these bubble prices.

This also seems to have coincided with several new posters on here claiming to be disillusioned former bears who no longer "believe" in a house price crash. Yeah right :lol:

aaah but,with subtle twist!!!!!!

BBC news 24 today did a synopsis on FTSE for 2005.they also mentioned stocks gained 16.5% this year.

they ALSO mentioned it comprehensively beat house price rises..I SENSE A SHIFT!!

wonder if they will mention it on the 6pm news?...I'll be watching!!

Slightly off topic but, if you pay it all at the post office then they have a whole years upfront. Isn't that even worse? How do you get it back when you move? I recall that they will only refund unused 3 month portions. Rip off!

Ummm...don't buy a TV. It's essentially all mince anyway. Haven't had a TV for over 12 months and it is not missed.

Guest pioneer31

Agreed

TV over the christmas period has been truly diabolical. Repeats of shows that were crap first time round.

The 50 greatest weather forecast gaffs, The 100 most diabolical tv daytime shows .....ever! Before they were famous, After they were famous and so on

Oh and I'm sick of that bloody child.....the ones who whispers "The One for Christmas!"

p**s off!!

Guest pioneer31

The BBC couldn't tell the truth if they tried.

Even their weather reports are plop these days.

One flake of snow drops fromt the sky and they get busy gathering the evenings headline.......

"Heavy Snow Drifts cause Traffic Chaos"

and they finish with some pointless item about a scottish salmon called Colin who's 107 years old and living in Loch Ness

Best thing to do is log onto Amazon and buy yourself a stash of classic DVD's. Sell your TV and buy any kind of video projector/monitor.

All the good stuff has already been made (hence the '100 greatest shows' mania). Now they just make tripe in order to justify ripping £120 out of people so that lots of useless people at the beeb can have fat salary jobs.

Edited by pioneer31

Guest pioneer31

I think I'll just gaffer tape my eyes and ears next time its on

Edited by pioneer31