House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Nationwide - +0.5% Mom, +3% Yoy

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/historical/MPR0512.pdf

There seems to be no news reports on this. Odd.

Also, where's the regional breakdown? Don't worry, I've e-mailed lovely Fionnuala asking why!

Fionnuala was some bint from irish mythology that got turned into a swan along with her 3 brothers, bloody evil stepmothers casting out curses - they're everywhere :ph34r::lol:

Looks to me though like you have copied /pasted 'fionnuala' from somewhere to get the spelling so im thinking ... where did you copy it from ? :blink:

Cheers for the report to seemed abit on the bearish side for nationwide :)

EDITED:

No worries i found her (well Fionnuala Sweeney - CNN reporter), also had to correct the spelling of "thier" to "they're" before you lot kicked my ass

EDIT #2:

Fionnulala Earley - who would of thought there would be 2 of um!

Edited by theChuz

Interesting that they are comparing HPI to the FTSE. Convenient timescale...

Funny you should say that, when i read it i copied the section ready to paste it and comment on it but i thought i was seeing something that wasn't there, obviously not.

"The rate of deceleration in the annual rate (of price inflation) led many to predict that this was the start of a severe crash in the market," said Fionnuala Earley, Nationwide's group economist.

"But looking at changes over three months shows the more sober path of prices during the year."

spin it how you want love, its still a bag of shite ! :lol:

....Fionnuala Earley, Nationwide's group economist.........

.........added that it was the first time since the turn of the century that the stockmarket had outperformed house prices, with the FTSE 100 Index rising by 16% during 2005.

BBC

The centuries only five years old ;)

This is more dire news for a HPC, Im afraid I've given up, the rise in prices is relentless despite prices already being daft. It passed the point where I thought prices couldn't rise any more about 3 years ago and they've just gone up ever since.

Edited by simon99

They say in the report that "The second half of this year saw virtually no change in prices. The average house price in the UK is now £157,250, almost exactly the same level as in May".

But the monthly change %s are almost all positive from May to December 2005.

I really don't get it. :wacko:

They say in the report that "The second half of this year saw virtually no change in prices. The average house price in the UK is now £157,250, almost exactly the same level as in May".

But the monthly change %s are almost all positive from May to December 2005.

I really don't get it. :wacko:

Its seasonal adjustment - look at the table on page 4. The non seasonal adjusted column shows that prices went up in June & July then fell in August and September and have gone up a bit in Nov & Dec.

Its seasonal adjustment - look at the table on page 4. The non seasonal adjusted column shows that prices went up in June & July then fell in August and September and have gone up a bit in Nov & Dec.

Okay I get it now, but this makes a mockery of their headline at the top of page 2 "Prices cooled dramatically in 2005 but have picked up since the autumn". <_<

Nationwide show prices at a standstill for the past 3 months in the low £157k range.

If this continues they will be showing 0% YoY by May.

June and July with be negative for the first time since 1995!

possibly this is due to my technological ineptness, however, it appears that entering a period and region into the 'house price calculator' on the nationwide website (located just below the link to its latest monthly review - presumably just to remind you that even if hpi has slowed to virtually 0%, you've still made bundles of cash) which should produce a negative hpi figure, instead returns the message

"Sorry, we are unable to run a query for the date you requested. Please try selecting a different date."

I guess this is because house prices will never go down..

..well, it amused me anyway!

This is more dire news for a HPC, Im afraid I've given up, the rise in prices is relentless despite prices already being daft. It passed the point where I thought prices couldn't rise any more about 3 years ago and they've just gone up ever since.

No, No ,No. It's not dire news at all. Get a grip! It's spin....all spin. Look around you. Everyone can see falls. Just hold on.....they'll have to admit the falls soon enough. Meantime just ignore the spin.

VP