House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Housing New Year Resolutions

Its that time of year when some of us pretend to make and stick to a New Years resolution, however I was wondering if anybody else has any housing related ones like me? As I am hunting for a flatshare in January I am resolute to make it a relatively cheap, but nice one, within staggering home distance from work, and most most importantly to ensure that the flat mates are all nimble young female nurses.

Wish me luck guys, its gonna be hard. :lol::lol::lol::P

Mine will be to keep the faith and not buy, pretty hard when we are now finding OK houses that we could afford.

I want a fantastic house not an OK one though so fingers crossed for a crash sooner rather than later.

Only if you get your wish! :rolleyes:

My resolution is to keep my powder dry and NOT buy in 2006, and also not to become too obsessed/paranoid with the state of the market. Basically to chill for at least another year... B)

Only if you get your wish! :rolleyes:

My resolution is to keep my powder dry and NOT buy in 2006, and also not to become too obsessed/paranoid with the state of the market. Basically to chill for at least another year... B)

My idea is to buy ASAP and get a 15 year fixed mortgage.

Its that time of year when some of us pretend to make and stick to a New Years resolution, however I was wondering if anybody else has any housing related ones like me? As I am hunting for a flatshare in January I am resolute to make it a relatively cheap, but nice one, within staggering home distance from work, and most most importantly to ensure that the flat mates are all nimble young female nurses.

I may look for a flatshare (well, houseshare) too! I can't live with my parents forever!

Edit: My Mum has made me lunch for tomorrow, so I may not move out afterall :P

Edited by Jason

To buy in 3-5 yrs, have a 15-18 year mortgage and to stop visiting HPC, otherwise I won't be able to afford a house as I will not have a husband .

Edited by Buffer Bear

Guest Charlie The Tramp

My idea is to buy ASAP and get a 15 year fixed mortgage.

Good luck, let me know who gave you a fifteen year fixed mortgage, may be interested myself. :)

Resolution - to take what I've saved as a deposit and enjoy a year-long trip around the world. Leaving on January 16.

And not think, for one moment, about house prices at home.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Work hard/save, work hard /save, invest a bit, work hard/save.

OK, not very exciting but I'd rather be debt free and dull than heavily overdrawn and... er... dull. :)

Resolution - to take what I've saved as a deposit and enjoy a year-long trip around the world. Leaving on January 16.

And not think, for one moment, about house prices at home.

Bet you log on here within a month of being away! :D

Why not rent an entire house (4 bed) then you can choose the totty you get in?