House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
right_freds_dead

Show On Itv About Saving Money

im watching some show on itv in a real-homes format about saving money for a couple. saving on phone bills, glasses, water and gas ect. 50p here. £12 there. £120 a year here.

the thing that sticks in my mind is that this 50 somthing couple are whooping about saving £12 a year and £80 a year for this that and the other, but dont think twice of asking an extra one hundred thousand pounds PLUS to the selling price of their houses in 2 years as the young have no council options to rent anymore.

i have the same problem with cash in the attic. jumping around saving pennies while their kids are facing an insane bill on either rent or purchase. save £13 on your phone bill. add £200pcm to your private landlords rent pockets each year.

whats next ?

saving even more so you can hand all your savings to the new house price inflation.

and then live in a box eating bread and free river water.

im watching some show on itv in a real-homes format about saving money for a couple. saving on phone bills, glasses, water and gas ect. 50p here. £12 there. £120 a year here.

the thing that sticks in my mind is that this 50 somthing couple are whooping about saving £12 a year and £80 a year for this that and the other, but dont think twice of asking an extra one hundred thousand pounds PLUS to the selling price of their houses in 2 years as the young have no council options to rent anymore.

i have the same problem with cash in the attic. jumping around saving pennies while their kids are facing an insane bill on either rent or purchase. save £13 on your phone bill. add £200pcm to your private landlords rent pockets each year.

whats next ?

saving even more so you can hand all your savings to the new house price inflation.

Don't know about you but I was paying more for rent 5 years ago than I am now...

whats next ?

Riviting viewing. However I dont have a matchbox big enough to house all my saved 50p's.

whats next ?

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no such thing as free water..........I kid you not.

If you have water on your land, you cannot touch it without a license from the Waterboard and for that you are charged for abstraction.

I think even air is owned by someone or other, it used to be BT but I suspect its been kept by the Gov post flotation.

whats next ?

The money that most people earn is payment for their labour. They work, perhaps, for a factory which makes a useful product, and are paid, proportionately, for their individual contribution to the business.

This is real money.

The money that is used to purchase property is, mostly, electronic money printed by banks.

The banks need your 'real' money to show they have cash for withdrawals, ATM's etc but also to profit on the 'money' they lend you.

The 'toll' the banks charge you for their electronic money has never been cheaper in recent years, this money is at a bargain price, there are plenty of customers.

As most people know, when the banks issue abundant, cheap money into the economy their is a tendency for this 'money' to devalue and inflation to rise.

This can create demand for inflation beating assets, gold, property, etc, as we have witnessed.

However, when the government fiddle the way they calculate inflation to include mainly third world imported electrical goods and subsidised EU food and then off set that against things that are rampantly inflating, do we get the situation we are in now. Low IR.

This is a situation where the banks get deeper control. They can continue to increase their business by getting new and existing customers to sign over more of their 'labour' hence 'life' to the bank under the disguise of affordability.

while their kids are facing an insane bill on either rent or purchase. save £13 on your phone bill. add £200pcm to your private landlords rent pockets each year.

Yep, and real money is being sucked up by the banks and replaced by debt. Remember that £13 is real, the £150k mortgage, paid at £700pm for 25 years is also real but it's 'affordable' and unavoidable.

What is not real in all of this is the 'value' of the house and the money the banks print.