House Price Crash Forum

Murder At Swingers' Party?

HOLA441

This is a bizarre one. There appears to have been a murder at a swingers' party in Surrey. Police investigating.

Several news reports suggesting that a group of people of 'African origin' were involved in whatever happened.

It will be interesting how this one develops.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1497267/one-dead-and-several-serious-injured-after-private-party-at-house-in-surrey/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

The Grauniad has 'several other people seriously injured'

I've never been to a swingers party but I had the impression that they were the opposite of violent occasions and that it was not customary to bring a gun.

You are thinking of the typical image of a swingers' party where a bunch of people who generally know one another get together, swap car keys and have a bit of slap and tickle before going back to their dull lives on Monday morning.

Swinging parties are big business in the UK nowadays. A lot of money to be made from them.

Some of them are basically covers for prostitution in that an 'organiser' will rent a place out, get a bunch of prostitutes to attend and then charge a load of blokes to attend. If you are an 'innocent' swinging couple who turns up at one of these events then things can go seriously downhill fast.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Many posh cars seen speeding away according to reports. No doubt PC Plod will be wanting the guest list. Could be interesting, if they get it.

I think the rich & famous, banksters, CEOs of high street stores allegedly, celebs, etc, have their own parties. There is a pecking order you know.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

You are thinking of the typical image of a swingers' party where a bunch of people who generally know one another get together, swap car keys and have a bit of slap and tickle before going back to their dull lives on Monday morning.

Swinging parties are big business in the UK nowadays. A lot of money to be made from them.

Some of them are basically covers for prostitution in that an 'organiser' will rent a place out, get a bunch of prostitutes to attend and then charge a load of blokes to attend. If you are an 'innocent' swinging couple who turns up at one of these events then things can go seriously downhill fast.

Such a sheltered life I lead.

HOLA4416

This is a bizarre one. There appears to have been a murder at a swingers' party in Surrey. Police investigating.

Several news reports suggesting that a group of people of 'African origin' were involved in whatever happened.

It will be interesting how this one develops.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1497267/one-dead-and-several-serious-injured-after-private-party-at-house-in-surrey/

I've never understood how it became verboten to use the descriptive term 'black', especially in the context of a police report/appeal to witnesses, if all people will do is use a more long winded way to say the same thing.

How is that if someone describes a person as 'black' it's taken to be racist by bleeding heart liberals? When, surely, the even more explict reference to a national/racial identity (e.g. 'African origin') is not frowned upon?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Mirror claims 500 people attended at £75 per, again no pun, head. Claims it has been running for 3 years there.

FIVE HUNDRED?

That's a bl**dy big bungalow.

Or do they mean 500 attended over the course of 3 years, rather than at a single party?

HOLA4419

The Grauniad has 'several other people seriously injured'

I've never been to a swingers party but I had the impression that they were the opposite of violent occasions and that it was not customary to bring a gun.

On the contrary. Posessing a large loaded weapon is highly encouraged!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

The use of black is interesting. I suspect that the locals saw a handful of non white people turn up and assumed everyone was coloured in the house.

An all black swingers' party would be interesting as I am sure there are plenty of black men who would prefer a bit of white flesh and vice versa.

I am sure the tabloids will have more info within 24 hours.

In Boston Legal Denny Crane used the word 'black' and ended up in a most hilarious situation asking how he was supposed to describe someone if he could not mention their skin colour.

HOLA4424

I've never understood how it became verboten to use the descriptive term 'black', especially in the context of a police report/appeal to witnesses, if all people will do is use a more long winded way to say the same thing.

How is that if someone describes a person as 'black' it's taken to be racist by bleeding heart liberals? When, surely, the even more explict reference to a national/racial identity (e.g. 'African origin') is not frowned upon?

I must be behind the times, isn't "coloured" the offensive term now apparently? Didn't know black was offensive. Not that I care.

HOLA4425

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3706499/Man-30-dead-injured-private-party-Surrey-police-urgently-try-contact-guests.html

Imagine buying a 1/2 million pound house there for the peace and quiet of English village life and you get this every weekend.

I doubt there's much peace and quiet in Headley, it's right next to the M25. :ph34r:

Archived