HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Unfortunately, the Chinese student staying at my friend's house had to be told yesterday not to put used toilet paper in the bathroom wastebasket.

:blink:

Vaguely reminds me of, possibly apocryphal, reports in the early 1970s, around the time of the OPEC led oil price shock, and arabs almost overnight swooping in on London and staying at various top hotels......and how staff found that their newly arrived Levantine guests seemed unfamiliar with the WC and had instead taken to cr*pping on the floor.

On the plus side at least said Chinese lodger is using a waste bin.

HOLA4411

Vaguely reminds me of, possibly apocryphal, reports in the early 1970s, around the time of the OPEC led oil price shock, and arabs almost overnight swooping in on London and staying at various top hotels......and how staff found that their newly arrived Levantine guests seemed unfamiliar with the WC and had instead taken to cr*pping on the floor.

Possibly not, the Pakistani MSc/PhD students at a university where I worked had to be shown how to use the toilets after a number of accidents/breakages involving them squatting on top of the toilet seats. No doubt many Brits are equally baffled on encountering a squatting toilet for the first time.

I suspect in China you are asked not to put used paper in toilets to avoid blockages.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I thought this would be about the latest British moan which is for foreign tourists (mainly Asian, it seems) wandering around you garden. I've heard of it happening in Bicester (home of the third greatest tourist attraction in the UK), but it happened to my mum the other day and she lives in the middle of nowhere.

Of course, it is beyond the complainers to realise that this is exactly what they've been doing (including my mum) every time they've gone to a foreign country on holiday over the years.

HOLA4416

I think I'll make a wooden board with hooks, and hang genuine plastic models of Big Ben, London buses, and sell postcards, if I get tourists round this way (I don't live in London)(highly unlikely I will get tourists).

£££££!!!

HOLA4417

They're used to hole in the floor shitters and will squat ON THE TOILET SEAT as not used to sitting. We had a big problem here in the NHS in the eighties trying to retrain some foreign doctors how to use our sort of toilet. And a lot of mess for the cleaners to deal with.

HOLA4418

They're used to hole in the floor shitters and will squat ON THE TOILET SEAT as not used to sitting. We had a big problem here in the NHS in the eighties trying to retrain some foreign doctors how to use our sort of toilet. And a lot of mess for the cleaners to deal with.

Yikes !!

It is meant to be the best way to do it though. Prevents piles etc..

I sit whilst on my tip toes when using my home bog. Smaller but similar effect - I think. Maybe.

No piles yet though !!

HOLA4419

Yikes !!

I sit whilst on my tip toes when using my home bog. Smaller but similar effect - I think. Maybe.

No piles yet though !!

Too much information!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yikes !!

No piles yet though !!

Piles seem to be a genetic thing outside of the direct physical causes like childbirth. Spike Milligan referred to them as "the curse of the Milligans". If your parents don't have them then you are sitting on your tiptoes unnecessarily.

HOLA4422
Of course, it is beyond the complainers to realise that this is exactly what they've been doing (including my mum) every time they've gone to a foreign country on holiday over the years.

Can't say it's ever occured to me to wander around someone's garden in another country and I'm surprised that anyone would.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Yikes !!

No piles yet though !!

I reckon that's a load of crap. Unless you can show me the stats that say nobody in Pakistan for example suffers from piles.

Edit: Load of crap

Archived