House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smurf1976

Activity Levels

Bearing in mind that Christmas / New Year is the main holiday season in this part of the world (Australia) I have noticed in the past two years that there has been a sharp (around 50%) drop in property advertising in my local area both in print form and on sites such as realestate.com.au at this time of the year in 2003 and 2004,

But not this year. This year it seems to be UP about 10% from late November levels. I think this is a sign that sellers are waking up to the fact that selling isn't easy these days and accept that they might have to sell over Christmas and hence the continued advertising. Likewise EA's realising that they will have to be at work.

This looks to be a significant change in the psychology of EA's and sellers. Another sign that the market is anything but healthy.

Bearing in mind that Christmas / New Year is the main holiday season in this part of the world (Australia) I have noticed in the past two years that there has been a sharp (around 50%) drop in property advertising in my local area both in print form and on sites such as realestate.com.au at this time of the year in 2003 and 2004,

But not this year. This year it seems to be UP about 10% from late November levels. I think this is a sign that sellers are waking up to the fact that selling isn't easy these days and accept that they might have to sell over Christmas and hence the continued advertising. Likewise EA's realising that they will have to be at work.

This looks to be a significant change in the psychology of EA's and sellers. Another sign that the market is anything but healthy.

I've noticed a distinct slowdown in EA advertising in my area (East Midlands, UK) during the past 3 weeks.

I don't know if this is traditional, as I have never before watched this kind of activity as carefully as I do now.

A quick wander through my town today revealed that roughly 50% of the Estate Agents were open for business.

I'm making notes on all this stuff.