House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

House Prices Up 10% In One Month...thats Right...one Month

a. It's the Express

b. We need to wait for at least July's house prices to know what effect Brexit had.

Edited by Tempus

http://news.sky.com/gallery/fridays-newspaper-front-pages-10508793

"

House prices rose by more than 10 per cent last month as Britain voted to quit the EU, says the Express

House prices rose by more than 10 per cent last month as Britain voted to quit the EU, says the Express "

In London perhaps but is this across the whole county? And even in London, it seems that (according to articles posted on here) prime Londonderry is only going down

In London perhaps but is this across the whole county? And even in London, it seems that (according to articles posted on here) prime Londonderry is only going down

Can't see the details on mu phone by sky clearly quoting 10% in one month as cut and paste shows and in Britain....not London.

I expect our he devil is in the detail.

Complaint to newspaper ombudsman/asa anyone?

The msm/ptb are clearly sitting themselves and bow need to talk the insane market up if u ask me.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Sarah O'Grady ramping latest Hometrack release (which is 10% up annually - Sky got that wrong, not the Express article). Story does later mention slowing growth in London and SE in May and June.

Scanning Rightmove in London shows asking prices down in a good percent of properties. Rises? well I know of one, by a seller who is using an online agent.

It's ironic that 12 months ago this headline would have gone all but uncommented on, even on here... yet now it's so much against the general narrative of the MSM that it sticks out like a sore thumb. (An inaccurate and poorly researched sore thumb at that)

Sarah O'Grady ramping latest Hometrack release (which is 10% up annually - Sky got that wrong, not the Express article). Story does later mention slowing growth in London and SE in May and June.

They dont seem to have noticed :lol:

Total accident of course

It's ironic that 12 months ago this headline would have gone all but uncommented on, even on here... yet now it's so much against the general narrative of the MSM that it sticks out like a sore thumb. (An inaccurate and poorly researched sore thumb at that)

Oh, Im not bothered by the Daily Exprerss it's B.S.

I'm astounded at the Sky reporting of it tho.

a) First in their list of news paper headlings ( why ? )

B) Wronly reporting 10% MoM increase

and as the man above says

c) Sky reporting joyously repoerting higher prices is good.

The MSM have a problem and I reckon that problem leads to the rich/bankers trying to keep their asset prices up

I'd be more interested in amount of sales.

It's quite possible the rich overseas buyers have snapped up some very high end stuff while the mid to low stuff has been sitting on the shelf so to speak.

a. It's the Express

b. We need to wait for at least July's house prices to know what effect Brexit had.

That said, this Is what happen's when a currency drops. My pension fund which is largely in foreign assets has gone up loads too - up over £50k

Ironically, it looks like Brexit is going to inflate house prices even more - driven on by foreign "bargain hunters" and even lower interest rates. It's all a rigged game.

On holiday I was talking to one of the cruise ships senior crew, he lives in the UK (when not at sea) but is paid in Dollars. He was delighted.

I'd be more interested in amount of sales.

It's quite possible the rich overseas buyers have snapped up some very high end stuff while the mid to low stuff has been sitting on the shelf so to speak.

From what I'm seeing in London, its exclusively the very cheapest thats selling (not many though) and nothing else at all.

I'm surprised you're buying into that idea Mikhail. One minute the MSM are saying foreign buyers are exploiting currency rates and buying high end property and the next minute they're running stories like this: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/22/jitters-in-london-luxury-flat-market-as-investors-sell-for-bargain-prices?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Which one is true I wonder. ....