House Price Crash Forum

Why Do People Still Have Faith In Politics?

canbuywontbuy

HOLA441
  • "Brexit will happen" (will it?)
  • 2nd time in under 10 years we have a PM we didn't elect - "no problem"
  • housing market "is essentially a market despite the odd prop" (really?)
  • "the government really do have our best interests at heart, but bless 'em, they're struggling right now"

We're being strung along by a shadow government who have their own agenda, and much of what many consider bad policy is deliberate policy. Not a conspiracy theory, just common sense.

HOLA442
  • "the government really do have our best interests at heart, but bless 'em, they're struggling right now"
We're being strung along by a shadow government who have their own agenda, and much of what many consider bad policy is deliberate policy. Not a conspiracy theory, just common sense.

Good question but I don't think they do still (? Did we ever?) have faith. What's the alternative, Revolution? I feel most have just turned away from it as an irrelevance. When does the new series of X factor start?

HOLA443

Good question but I don't think they do still (? Did we ever?) have faith. What's the alternative, Revolution? I feel most have just turned away from it as an irrelevance. When does the new series of X factor start?

I agree with you - been doing a lot of sighing tonight.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA444
HOLA445

I agree with you - been doing a lot of sighing tonight.

Perhaps the one shining light in your analysis is that at least the brexit referendum got the great unwashed off their lardy ar*es. Maybe if people can see they have a chance at influencing the outcome, they may just get motivated vote downside is that I gues tptb have already sussed this

HOLA446

Patience..it will happen

It is part of our democratic process which does have a few holes in it and we do not vote for a 'President' at a General Election

It is a market which you have to read like any other...no guarantees ..props of the past included mortgage interest tax relief....one of the props right now is the international money laundering in London

I don't see any struggle other than business as usual ...on the other hand I see the opposition struggling...

Hardly a 'shadow government' when we have just seen the dross chucked out within the rules of the constitution, while the uninformed leavers continue to bleat resisting change as most losers do..... :rolleyes:

HOLA447
We're being strung along by a shadow government who have their own agenda, and much of what many consider bad policy is deliberate policy. Not a conspiracy theory, just common sense.</p>

We don't elect our PM. We vote for our local MP. They're the one who form the government. This is the Westminster system.

I've been changing my view numerous times which system is preferable, Westminster or direct Government election like in the US. My current thought is that the US system is better, but then come Donald Trump.

No system is perfect.

HOLA448

Good one :)

And in all honesty I think most don't anymore. I think deep down I am wanting a little anarchy to shake things up.

Good man - going to the dark side!

Really want the idea of mass spoiling of the ballot as a legitimate option whilst we don't have the official 'none of the above'.

I've spoilt in the last two biggies - the general and the ref with a diatribe written on the paper. If nothing else, it feels good to not go down the whole 'pick a least worst option then' which I often get told to do instead by those who still think its meaningful - to do that is ever more soul crushing.

The ref required more agonizing over then elections I will say - but I still felt that given the choice between the cyprus/greece destroying troika gits and the westminster liars who would still be in power, there was no real choice, so I went with my heart. Great fun for a cantankerous old fool like me.

Edited by Frugal Git

HOLA449

Good man - going to the dark side!

Really want the idea of mass spoiling of the ballot as a legitimate option whilst we don't have the official 'none of the above'.

I've spoilt in the last two biggies - the general and the ref with a diatribe written on the paper. If nothing else, it feels good to not go down the whole 'pick a least worst option then' which I often get told to do instead by those who still think its meaningful - to do that is ever more soul crushing.

The ref required more agonizing over then elections I will say - but I still felt that given the choice between the cyprus/greece destroying troika gits and the westminster liars who would still be in power, there was no real choice, so I went with my heart. Great fun for a cantankerous old fool like me.

..since you did not vote your opinion on the subject is worthless.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4410

Same reason as so many have faith in their various organised religions. Fear of taking responsibility for their own lives, and desire to have someone else to blame when it all goes tits.

..there are no guarantees in life except change, taxes and death...until you accept this you will not understand that you are in charge of your own destiny ..always..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Why Do People Still Have Faith In Politics?

.....................If it is a sham, then I expect a new party will be formed........

..there would be defections from the Tories to UKIP or similar ...and therefore a GE ...and the way Labour are going ..there will be a new party ..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4415

Yes, Brexit will happen and it seems that we did the right thing.

It was not as historic as the signing of the Magna carta but not so bad in our life times.....and we did it all by ourselves.

As for politics Labour and the Lib (dems!?) have shown themselves to be undemocratic and will never be forgiven. The Tories ?

Just one chance they`ll get.....

HOLA4416

..since you did not vote your opinion on the subject is worthless.... :rolleyes:

Oh indeed. I couldn't give two shiny sh*ts about what these psychopaths do anymore with respect to my own life. I just read the full budget and HMRC's site, find the loopholes and look to exploit them. And there's always loopholes.

It's what they'd want me to do.

Though I maintain that spoiling *is* a vote. Just not a vote for any of the people on the slip.

HOLA4417

Oh indeed. I couldn't give two shiny sh*ts about what these psychopaths do anymore with respect to my own life. I just read the full budget and HMRC's site, find the loopholes and look to exploit them. And there's always loopholes.

It's what they'd want me to do.

Though I maintain that spoiling *is* a vote. Just not a vote for any of the people on the slip.

...why don't you emigrate to North Korea ...sounds like you might be happier there .... :rolleyes:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

..there would be defections from the Tories to UKIP or similar ...and therefore a GE ...and the way Labour are going ..there will be a new party ..... :rolleyes:

These new parties never really get traction, see Sdp for example. UKIP seem like they might but the establishment will rally and these splinter/ marginal parties only serve to divide the opposition vote. Not saying that the Labour Party, in terms of the plp, deserve staying as the main opposition, just don't know where the real alternative will emerge from

HOLA4420

Well it beats watching X factor, see my post upthread.

HOLA4421

The Tories have had many chances, and should join the others on the scaffold.

.. when Labour get in they ruin the country each time ....maybe you have not noticed ...unless you would like to see somebody else serving us...?....they are our servants ...remember ..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

...why don't you emigrate to North Korea ...sounds like you might be happier there .... :rolleyes:

If you mean I'd rather live under a dictatorship, you're correct. But a benevolent one.

Not really certain what is getting under your skin about spoiling a vote...care to elaborate rather than veiled insults?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

If you mean I'd rather live under a dictatorship, you're correct. But a benevolent one.

Not really certain what is getting under your skin about spoiling a vote...care to elaborate rather than veiled insults?

.....if you don't like the system change it or get out...applies to most things in life ..... :rolleyes: