House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Pound Steady On Housing News

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/051228/323/g02sl.html

LONDON (AFX) - The pound was steady as further positive news from the UK's housing market diminished expectations of any marked interest rate reductions next year from the Bank of England.

Latest rate:

1 U.K. £ =

1 1.7154

Goes to show that the VI spin is not always truthful-porkies abound when the market is in peril!

If the BoE lower rates next year sterling may crash along with houseprices.

Edited by Realistbear

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/051228/323/g02sl.html

LONDON (AFX) - The pound was steady as further positive news from the UK's housing market diminished expectations of any marked interest rate reductions next year from the Bank of England.

Latest rate:

1 U.K. £ =

1 1.7154

Goes to show that the VI spin is not always truthful-porkies abound when the market is in peril!

If the BoE lower rates next year sterling may crash along with houseprices.

This will be the first time ive said this and i wont say much more on it cause people will be sick of it but... gold

This will be the first time ive said this and i wont say much more on it cause people will be sick of it but... gold

I've never been much of a gold bug, but yes, I think it's shaping up as a great asset to hold long term.

Though I'm a bit sceptical of actual physical holding ( the Gummint' can confiscate) ...Come to think of it, I'm skeptical of everything if the poo really hits the propeller.

Just don't let it be traceable eh.

I bought some sovereigns back in the late 1960's for about $20 each. I sold when gold hit $850 an ounce back in the very late 70's. It has never recovered to anything like those levels. Gold is a speculative commodity with sudden moves up and down. Long term it can be a nightmare--$40 an ounce in 1967, $850 an ounce in 1980 and $450 and ounce 25 years later. That's 25 years of disaster if you bought at the top of the market.

My bet is on US $ because the far eastern trading bloc bases everything on this currency. The Chinese and Japense will not allow the dollar to fall as all their money will dissappear! The pound on the other hand is terribly alone out there and Black Tuesdays threaten at any moment. With GDP possibly turning negative in 2006 I would stay away from sterling for sure.

I bought some sovereigns back in the late 1960's for about $20 each. I sold when gold hit $850 an ounce back in the very late 70's. It has never recovered to anything like those levels. Gold is a speculative commodity with sudden moves up and down. Long term it can be a nightmare--$40 an ounce in 1967, $850 an ounce in 1980 and $450 and ounce 25 years later. That's 25 years of disaster if you bought at the top of the market.

My bet is on US $ because the far eastern trading bloc bases everything on this currency. The Chinese and Japense will not allow the dollar to fall as all their money will dissappear! The pound on the other hand is terribly alone out there and Black Tuesdays threaten at any moment. With GDP possibly turning negative in 2006 I would stay away from sterling for sure.

and if sterling turns to poo i can buy alot more of it back with my gold stash, your right though of course .. buy any assest at the top of a bubble and you may end up regretting it for many many years, im glad im not borrowing money to enter into a highly leveraged contract to buy an assest at the peak of a bubble.