House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Raf Serviceman Threatened With Knife At Marham Base Of Anti-Isil Squadrons

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/20/raf-serviceman-threatened-with-knife-at-marham-base/

Two men threatened a serviceman with a knife yesterday at an RAF base which is home to squadrons operating bombing raids against Isil fighters in Syria.

The man, who was not wearing uniform at the time, was unharmed.

A Norfolk Police statement said: "Police have closed a road close to the married quarters at RAF Marham following an incident this afternoon.

Police cordoned off the road near RAF Marham near King's Lynn last night as they searched for the suspects, who disappeared in a dark coloured car.

A Norfolk Police spokesman said the force could not confirm or deny if it was being treated as a terrorist incident.

It is not known if the serviceman fought off the attackers, or managed to run away.

Another Tweet from the article:

RAF Marham say decision to hold Families Day tomorrow to be taken in the morning, after serviceman at base was threatened with a knife today

Helpful BBC report.

Men.

Black men, white men, brown men?

Let`s be fair, if they had been white they would have said so.

Helpful BBC report.

Men.

Black men, white men, brown men?

Funny that they were very clear that the car was dark coloured.

Just got a messages from a friend saying that the BBC is not reporting a gang rape in Bromely by a gang of men in their 20s. Is this a new rape or the one from a few weeks back?

I think it's probably the one that took place on the 3rd, no reports of anything more recent.

No descriptions of those involved, which is... curious.

Yes, how can the public help the police in identfiying (or eliminating) suspects if no description is provided?

I'm not even assuming in this case that they are, whatever the stock term is, "mediterranean or north african in appearance"; they could well be white. But this blanket policy of not providing a description both fails the victim (less likely to catch the criminals) and potentially causes further crime by leaving the criminals free to do it again.

If I was the victim I would be lodging a formal complaint about this as the police are not doing their job properly.

From Sky News:

"Norfolk Constabulary said they would not speculate on whether the incident was terrorism-related and they have not issued a description of the attackers."

Sky News

So blame the police for the lack of information, not the press. This time.

Fortunately a description of the attackers has got out. By accident.

One internal memo seen by Mirror Online - sent by Rich Curzon who works for the MOD's Protective Security and Investigations - reads: "All personnel are to be aware that at 1540 today, 20 July 16, 2 x Asian males approached a serviceman who was running approximately 1 mile outside of RAF Marham main gate and tried to bundle him into their vehicle."

"The vehicle was a dark coloured Ford Galaxy. The Asian males were carrying a knife when the serviceman was approached."

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/asian-knifemen-tried-to-kidnap-serviceman-in-suspetcted-terror-attack/story-29536960-detail/story.html

But that is a completely different type of crime! The BBC reporting should be saying RAF serviceman had lucky escape from attempted kidnapping by at least two people of Asian appearance (presumably there was also a driver).

What is wrong with reporting in this country.

But that is a completely different type of crime! The BBC reporting should be saying RAF serviceman had lucky escape from attempted kidnapping by at least two people of Asian appearance (presumably there was also a driver).

What is wrong with reporting in this country.

They think they're helping the situation by not inflaming racial tensions.

It's a "don't scare the children" approach.

What they don't seem to realise is that by doing this, people will eventually lose trust in the authorities and start to see them more as part of the enemy.

Your already seeing it. Look at the lack of credibility that the BBC has with many of the posters on this site.

What they don't seem to realise is that by doing this, people will eventually lose trust in the authorities and start to see them more as part of the enemy.

Especially if in the next few days these blokes manage to attack/kidnap another person - and the public find out this information had been well known for days.

Especially if in the next few days these blokes manage to attack/kidnap another person - and the public find out this information had been well known for days.

Of course, the logic is they have a good idea who these men are, and are hoping to catch them by surprise using the very advanced and sophisticated intelligence gathered on everybody in the UK for the last 5 years........NOT!

Whaddya mean, eventually, that particular horse has long since bolted as a quick glance at comments on news items, social media et al shows. What will be interesting is to see where they go from here. Totalitarian state here we come perhaps?

Your already seeing it. Look at the lack of credibility that the BBC has with many of the posters on this site.

Yes I know that – but HPC doesn't necessarily represent the wider population. Go onto the more mainstream sites and there is (currently) far more support for the Government's narrative than there is on HPC.

On a football forum I read occasionally, the Nice attacks were mentioned. Someone said that France risks civil war, he got shouted down, accused of racism and people were calling for him to be banned.

By HPC standards what he said was quite mild.

Whaddya mean, eventually, that particular horse has long since bolted as a quick glance at comments on news items, social media et al shows. What will be interesting is to see where they go from here. Totalitarian state here we come perhaps?

That's my fear.

S

Yes I know that – but HPC doesn't necessarily represent the wider population. Go onto the more mainstream sites and there is (currently) far more support for the Government's narrative than there is on HPC.

On a football forum I read occasionally, the Nice attacks were mentioned. Someone said that France risks civil war, he got shouted down, accused of racism and people were calling for him to be banned.

That's my fear.

Social Justice warriors infest the internet.

reasoned debate drops to "racist" the moment a reasonable point is being made and they have no answer.

The BBC panders to this view as the twitterati resistance is very low at the Beeb

That's my fear.

The Guardian has a football forum? Whatever next...