House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will!

Stag Do In Benalmádena This Weekend

One of my friends is having a stag do in Benalmádena this weekend. He's thirty five, a geordie and thinks Geordie Shore is brilliant. Everyone except me is flying out tomorrow - I couldn't get time off work so I'm joining them on Saturday. The weather forecast is 37 degrees tomorrow and Friday. 37 degrees. What do people do when it's 37 degrees? All advice gratefully received.

I was there just over a month ago.

Seems built entirely for drinking holidays, nothing to do really other than get drunk on cheap booze or lounge in the sun. Can't say I really enjoyed it, spent more time reading than I did out and about. If you're really into Golf the local Gold course is supposedly quite good, but other than that there are not many activities to take part in.

BTW, Tell your mates to skip the Bus trip around the area - total waste of money, there isn't anything to see that is worth your time.

One of my friends is having a stag do in Benalmádena this weekend. He's thirty five, a geordie and thinks Geordie Shore is brilliant. Everyone except me is flying out tomorrow - I couldn't get time off work so I'm joining them on Saturday. The weather forecast is 37 degrees tomorrow and Friday. 37 degrees. What do people do when it's 37 degrees? All advice gratefully received.

.....go for a swim in the sea that should cool you down a bit.....or walk along the coastline in the sea knee to waist height great exercise.......or have a game of quoits with friends . ;)

edit to say.....some people drive about in car with air con on max.....seems rather a waste and a waste of time to me........the big shopping centers are cool if desperate and bored.....but you can do that at home, so that is another waste if time is of the essence......you could find a nice refreshing fresh water waterfall if go inland slightly.

Benalmadena is rough, it features heavily in the Sky tv show Costa del Streetcrime.

Taxi everywhere at night and being on a stag do avoid likely confrontation with other groups when late drinking.

Don't drink spirits. Find a swimming pool with a swim-up bar!!!

Depending on you're budget I'd probably see if they have any water sports activities.

Looks like there might be:

https://www.deportesdeaventura.com/Malaga/kayaks/Benalmadena.htm

I like it. Unfortunately non-attendance would cause massive offence and so is not an option, although I have contemplated the possibility that the stag and I may not be friends by the end of the weekend...

Benalmadena is rough, it features heavily in the Sky tv show Costa del Streetcrime.

Taxi everywhere at night and being on a stag do avoid likely confrontation with other groups when late drinking.

Thanks for the warning.

Its 43 here at the moment in Marrakech and tolerable. Worse last year when it hit the low 50's.

Drink lots of water.

And try lining the stomach before drinking.

An uncle of mine who served in Germany used to swear by a spoonful of olive oil before going out on the lash.

It does help.

The place isn't that bad. Just get smashed and drink lots of water when you get back to your hotel.

It was 37° here a couple of days ago, I stayed inside all day and turned the A/C up full.

The only thing I can suggest is to drink plenty of fluids and spend as much time as you can in air conditioned buildings.

Benalmadena is close to where we go in November/December, okay then but too hot and rowdy at this time of year.