House Price Crash Forum

The Sound Of An English Summer

Sledgehead

HOLA441

Less the smack of willow on leather, more (and this is what is coming to me though my window):

- the pop-pop of insurgent nail guns;

- the stuttering jack-hammer's rapid rattle;

- the loomimg low humm-humm of hover-mower;

- the scream of terrified mitre saw;

- the clunk and grind of wood-chippers stripping and rending.

and all of these woven together by the muffled commentary of a presiding radio 1 DJ and his occasionally yapping canine audience.

Oh to be in England now that summer is here! Your one opportunity to get some dry, fresh, clean air through the house, and every man and his dog calls in the builders.

Bring on the winter.

HOLA442

Less the smack of willow on leather, more (and this is what is coming to me though my window):

- the pop-pop of insurgent nail guns;

- the stuttering jack-hammer's rapid rattle;

- the loomimg low humm-humm of hover-mower;

- the scream of terrified mitre saw;

- the clunk and grind of wood-chippers stripping and rending.

and all of these woven together by the muffled commentary of a presiding radio 1 DJ and his occasionally yapping canine audience.

Oh to be in England now that summer is here! Your one opportunity to get some dry, fresh, clean air through the house, and every man and his dog calls in the builders.

Bring on the winter.

Call to payer on Friday?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Honestly?

Maybe the guy who made that recording is city-deaf, but to me the whole thing is spoilt by the constant hiss of distant asphalt-slap and occasional heli/auto noises. Very sad.

But I do appreciate the thought. And in the spirit of reciprocity, on the theme of relaxing sounds (don't think she's that attractive so don't watch too much), you might like this ... you have to search for what triggers you so don't dismiss just because this one doesn't do it for you. Have a root around under "ASMR".

PS : some (the japanese lewd variety) are more likely to wind you up than down!

HOLA446

Honestly?

Maybe the guy who made that recording is city-deaf, but to me the whole thing is spoilt by the constant hiss of distant asphalt-slap and occasional heli/auto noises. Very sad.

But I do appreciate the thought. And in the spirit of reciprocity, on the theme of relaxing sounds (don't think she's that attractive so don't watch too much), you might like this ... you have to search for what triggers you so don't dismiss just because this one doesn't do it for you. Have a root around under "ASMR".

PS : some (the japanese lewd variety) are more likely to wind you up than down!

Apologise for the sound quality.....the best sound is the sound of silence. ;)

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

It could be worse. I'm surrounded by houses on all sides with young children.

My final week of peace until September...

Children making noise doesn't bother me. It's the mothers shouting at them that does me in. Menfolk let the kids get on with it as long as they're not attempting something obviously dangerous but mums and grans get vocal as soon as a kid picks up a stick.

HOLA4413

Also on the subject of ASMR surely Maria deserves a mention. All the others are cheap imitators.

Not half bad for english I must say. Not keen on 3d, so I must check out her 2d stuff.

These things are very personal, so can't vouch for how others would react, but I'd say give her a go if you haven't previously.

Take your point spunk2010 about immitation. What I like about this Maria is that she's just softly spoken. I can't abide whisperers. It's just so damn contrived. Of course all made for purpose ASMR is contrived, so I'd undersatnd anyone saying it's not their cup of tea. That's why I prefer foreign languages I don't understand. I can't really get along with someone telling me they are going to relax me. I guess they all do, it's just better if I don't understand they've said that.

On that note I believe the most relaxing vids are not made for purpose ASMR.

For instance (keep the volume lower than for made for purpose ASMR :

It was vids like these that inspired me to search for similar stuff. And up came ASMR.

PS : I forgot to add that I don't really use these to go to sleep, more to clear my mind when I'm doing tedious work. I've never taken modafinil or such, but my understanding is that it has a similar effect.

HOLA4414

Children making noise doesn't bother me. It's the mothers shouting at them that does me in. Menfolk let the kids get on with it as long as they're not attempting something obviously dangerous but mums and grans get vocal as soon as a kid picks up a stick.

Hmm, I'd agree if we were talking 20 years ago, but Power Rangers has changed all that. There's always one kid doing that 'Satan' voice, very loudly and very agressively. Now if they could just gag him ... just joking, ofcourse I didn't mean it :D

HOLA4415

I was going to whine about both women AND children in my post, but thought it would sound a bit antisocial.

Still, it's only 6 weeks that it needs to be endured. Good.. grief...

HOLA4416

Not half bad for english I must say. Not keen on 3d, so I must check out her 2d stuff.

These things are very personal, so can't vouch for how others would react, but I'd say give her a go if you haven't previously.

Take your point spunk2010 about immitation. What I like about this Maria is that she's just softly spoken. I can't abide whisperers. It's just so damn contrived. Of course all made for purpose ASMR is contrived, so I'd undersatnd anyone saying it's not their cup of tea. That's why I prefer foreign languages I don't understand. I can't really get along with someone telling me they are going to relax me. I guess they all do, it's just better if I don't understand they've said that.

On that note I believe the most relaxing vids are not made for purpose ASMR.

For instance (keep the volume lower than for made for purpose ASMR :

It was vids like these that inspired me to search for similar stuff. And up came ASMR.

PS : I forgot to add that I don't really use these to go to sleep, more to clear my mind when I'm doing tedious work. I've never taken modafinil or such, but my understanding is that it has a similar effect.

I tend to agree. 95% of AMSR videos I've seen just annoy me. I think it's because they're American, and I associate that accent with loud, in-your-face stuff. Speaking of contrived, I think you'll like this (if you haven't seen it already).

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6965354/asmr-robbery

:lol:

The Japanese language is whispery and sends me to sleep, if you can find anything in Japanese you may see what I mean.

HOLA4417

Speaking of contrived, I think you'll like this (if you haven't seen it already).

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6965354/asmr-robbery

:lol:

Quality!

The Japanese language is whispery and sends me to sleep, if you can find anything in Japanese you may see what I mean.

This is in Japanese and labelled ASMR. Not sure it's sending me entirely to sleep. Infact I have some parts that seem to be waking up, throwing back the covers and holding my eyelids open!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

This evening was the perfect summer's evening, watching the light fade gently from the sky over the estuary.

It was spoilt only by the red light of the search and rescue helicopter coming at me like an attack ship at about half nine and flying what sounded like ten yards over my roof.

Fly over the sea you selfish noisy gits.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Archived