House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shindigger

The Hyde Park Stabbings. Hostile Water Fight.

Damn. Could've done with a good soaking when I cycled along hyde park on the way home this lunchtime.

Sounds like theyve been filling water pistols with piss at the Trump convention.

I think it's reached the point where we need to arm ourselves to make sure these situations don't happen again.

hqdefault.jpg

Your move, punk.

I think it's reached the point where we need to arm ourselves to make sure these situations don't happen again.

hqdefault.jpg

Your move, punk.

Is that Ringo Starr?

The Express were reporting that some of the crowd were chanting Black Lives Matter, before they stabbed some people (one assumes the stabees weren't black?).

Why and how would any black person in the UK feel any link with the issues they are having is the USA........

Many youngsters here think, or assume, we live in the USA.

Many youngsters here think, or assume, we live in the USA.

Sadly true .. it's all because we are one big internet 'community' (hrmmmph -_- , posting on a website/forum/social media is NOT being part of a community in a meaningful sense, sorry fellow posters) and they have lost a sense of what a real community and national identity is. Probably also explains the general cluelessness about the Brexit issue and the overwhelming trend of SJW opinions too - must not deviate from the internet group-think.

The way US English spellings are adopted is particularly grating, although that's possibly because they tend to be a lot simpler and more phonetic than British English.

The way US English spellings are adopted is particularly grating, although that's possibly because they tend to be a lot simpler and more phonetic than British English.

It's simply that people don't localise the language settings on their computers etc so Word or whatever, flags up english spellings as incorrect and auto corrects them to the american english version

This very post has localise red-underlined as incorrect but localize is fine

The Express were reporting that some of the crowd were chanting Black Lives Matter, before they stabbed some people (one assumes the stabees weren't black?).

You post a vague account of something and attribute it to a less-than-reputable rag ... then a bunch of comments follow assuming that it's true and relevant.

Even if true, I can't imagine it's the whole story.

You post a vague account of something and attribute it to a less-than-reputable rag ... then a bunch of comments follow assuming that it's true and relevant.

Even if true, I can't imagine it's the whole story.

That's what the London Standard also says: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/hyde-park-turned-into-warzone-when-youths-chanting-black-lives-matter-clash-with-police-after-water-a3299731.html

Why and how would any black person in the UK feel any link with the issues they are having is the USA, it is completely different world where maybe some of the black people in the UK are showing their own racist tendencies by thinking it is a "black issue" where they can jump on the bandwagon. I visit Lynchburgh Virginia a lot, and it does not take a rocket scientist to understand you do not screw with the police, and more so if you are black. Another thing to point out, and this is more Virginia as I know it so well, black people are incredibly law abiding. I remember being looked after by 20 black Virginians on a pier near North Carolina where they supplied me with a fishing rod, I always remember how if one of the fish they caught was just 1 cm under size they would return it to the sea, the vast majority follow the law to the T.

The UK is leaps and bounds ahead of black rights compared to the US.

Plenty of British 'youth' call the police the Feds. I'm sure they have no idea why. It's a very pernicious trend.

With all the heat, and a lot of the summer still to go, I wouldn't rule out a 2011 style mega riot.

Obviously the police are better prepared now (their initial response in the 2011 riot was to hold back, thus making things worse)

However I think the rise of social media (more prevalent than 2011) could fuel things even more, and make rioting more targeted.