House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trampa501

Lincolnshire

Its extremely telling that within seconds of these sort of incidents today - the Police come out with the 'no indication of terror related..' spiel. Just shows that people expect these TO BE terror related. Its becoming the norm.

I had once thought of the place being a good place to retire.

Really? Lincolnshire always struck me as being about as interesting as watching paint dry. (Probably only beaten to the prize by the nearby Norfolk Fens)

Its extremely telling that within seconds of these sort of incidents today - the Police come out with the 'no indication of terror related..' spiel. Just shows that people expect these TO BE terror related. Its becoming the norm.

Three people involved, plus the very public nature, so I'm betting it's either.....

a classic 'murder-suicide' (e.g. spurned hubbie guns down wife and her lover sort of thing) or it's gangland/personal vendetta related.

Hot weather bringing out the insanity in borderline cases.

Good point. There is, so I undertand it, a long established link between weather/hot temps and incidence of violence.

Good point. There is, so I undertand it, a long established link between weather/hot temps and incidence of violence.

Explains some of things I saw in Vegas.

Explains some of things I saw in Vegas.

Really?!

I thought anywhere covered by anything resembling a roof was air-conditioned!? The only time I ever saw Yanks walk about 'outdoors', in those Western desert states (like Nevada and Utah) was to make the short walk from their airconditioned home/office/whatever to their car.

Three people involved, plus the very public nature, so I'm betting it's either.....

a classic 'murder-suicide' (e.g. spurned hubbie guns down wife and her lover sort of thing) or it's gangland/personal vendetta related.

Outside a swimming pool, wife having affair?

Fenlands.

My moneys on Eastern Europeans

Fenlands.

My moneys on Eastern Europeans

Weirdly a woman on the Brexit special (channel 5 I think) was mouthing off about all the Fenland Eastern European murders last night.

She was not given the BBC treatment of derision and presumably taken to a darkened room for reeducation

Gunman's among the dead so more likely the former.

Really? Lincolnshire always struck me as being about as interesting as watching paint dry. (Probably only beaten to the prize by the nearby Norfolk Fens)

It's the lower cost and proximity to the coast that interested me (admit it's not the most attractive coast in these isles). Plus there are interesting parts to potter about like Lincoln and the Wolds.

Not so sure about the climate either, I suspect in winter being close to the North Sea it can be very bleak.

And, strangely enough, full moon and violence. It's full moon today.

Father 57 blasts wife 50 and daughter to death then turns shotgun on himself in murder suicide:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3697174/Three-people-including-suspected-gunman-shot-dead-outside-swimming-pool-Lincolnshire.html

Large Property,

Killer worked at a builders merchants.

Probable the Killer would have had to reload the shotgun to shoot himself.

RIP to the two Ladies :(

Father 57 blasts wife 50 and daughter to death then turns shotgun on himself in murder suicide:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3697174/Three-people-including-suspected-gunman-shot-dead-outside-swimming-pool-Lincolnshire.html

Large Property,

Killer worked at a builders merchants.

Probable the Killer would have had to reload the shotgun to shoot himself.

RIP to the two Ladies :(

OK. Let's see how long it is before this, obviously hastily drafted, article is updated to include information about how much the house is worth. I mean the Daily Mail would be letting it's standards fall if it failed to mention that.

Doesn't look like it was Traveller's or Eastern Europeans after all.

This must come as a shock to many forumites.

Its does. Lifes full of surprises but not that many.

OK. Let's see how long it is before this, obviously hastily drafted, article is updated to include information about how much the house is worth. I mean the Daily Mail would be letting it's standards fall if it failed to mention that.

Well that didn't take long did it?! An updated report on the tragic incident now includes the seemingly Daily Mail obligatory reference to the house value:

"Detectives swooped on the £280,000 five-bedroom detached home in the nearby village of Moulton where the family had lived for almost a decade. The house was put up for sale recently......"

It's an illness. They just can't help themselves.

I guess Daily Mail journos must be easily identifiable at police news conferences. It's probably the only question they ask.