House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
non-FTBer

Newbuilds Difficult To Find In Lr Data?

I've been looking around a few new build developments around my way to try and get a handle on what the new builds are selling for at the moment, and they are all offering incentives and will haggle on price... so no surprises there.

What I can't work out is how to find many of these new builds on ourproperty and nethouseprice etc.

Even if you know the road that the houses are on (on the new estate) they still do not appear.

Also have problems finding them by postcode.

So where are they?

There are some streets in my town that have been fully sold (on new estates) for over a year, but still cannot be found in the LR data online.

Anybody else noticed this?

It makes it very difficult to find out what new houses have been selling for in recent months (OK its 3 months+ out of date but still useful).

Edit to add: It must be very useful for the homebuilders that the data is not accessible!

Edited by non-FTBer

THEY SHOULD BE there eventually. But you may have to wait.

I have found them in the past.

But remember, they get reported maybe 6 months after closing: ie after the keys are turned over.

The are not reported when the property is sold offplan, only later as I have indicated

Yes, but I am seeing whole streets not appearing for a long time after they are sold.

Not offplan selling, these houses are all being lived in.

Some streets have been fully sold for over a year and cannot be found.

They may be in the data, but could not be found. Maybe it is something to do with the new streetnames not being searchable.

Are these streets being bought by businesses/irish investment companies? LR shows the individuals who buy properties.

Just an unfounded thought

Edited by moosetea