House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
breezi

Bbc At It Again

Read this and see if you can come up with this heading

House prices move upwards again

Housing market activity is on the rise and so are prices

House prices in England and Wales rose for the first time since the summer of 2004 in December, according to property website Hometrack.

The survey, which monitors property asking prices, suggested the average cost of a home rose by 0.1% to £160,900 during the month.

But in nearly 85% of postcode districts looked at, prices remained unchanged between November and December.

Overall, prices have fallen on average 1.57% during 2005, the group added.

Activity up

In December, London saw the strongest price growth, with the average cost of a property increasing by 0.3%.

In contrast, property prices in the north of England fell 0.2% during the month.

Hometrack said market activity had increased but that 2006 could still be a difficult year for the housing market.

"Whilst activity levels may have improved over the autumn of 2005 on the back of more realistic pricing, it does not automatically follow that prices will start to rise," Richard Donnell, director of research at Hometrack, said.

"Affordability constraints remain the biggest barrier to house price growth in the short term and we expect average prices to rise by just 1% over 2006," he added.

Edited by breezi

On GMT this morning a report said that prices are rising because sellers are pricing more realistic.

Surely, this would mean that prices are actually dropping as sellers reduce their prices to find a buyer.

I am constantly finding reports are totally contradicting themselves.

Yes. Somebody at the Beeb who writes these headlines has a lot of money tied up in property I reckon.

It goes up 0.1% overall and they go oooh "House Prices move Upwards Again" Trying to make out they are off like a rocket. Its amazing how different media put such a different interpretation and spin on the same report.

I am not happy with the BBC.

On GMT this morning a report said that prices are rising because sellers are pricing more realistic.

Surely, this would mean that prices are actually dropping as sellers reduce their prices to find a buyer.

I am constantly finding reports are totally contradicting themselves.

Exactly. Prices fell 1.57% and this is supposed to be 'more realistic'.

i saw the bbc news most of the day broadcasting a running ticker-tape headline of house prices rise first time in 10 months.

if thats not deceitful i dont know what is. im glad i trashed my licence.

alse there was a creepy interview with a nationwide spokesperson who tried to shore up the whole scam.

very vested from an 'independent' news source. no counter argument no objections no nothing.

just the beaming 'house prices rise' usual spout from the most vested of the vested.

i didnt ever read about the previous 10 months of falls on the bbc. ?????

Well, this is just silly, not to put too fine a point on it.

The article you mention clearly states that average property price is now £160,900.

There is no shortage of recent media articles that suggest that the average propert price will exceed £200,000 in 2006. (Google UK "property price average 200,000")

If this is true, then the average property must increase in value way in excess of 20% in 2006.

If the market value of my property increases by 20% in 2006 I will eat my hat.

I genuinely hope the market value of my property starts to slide in 2006.

Is there a lawyer on this site.

I hate the apparent lies that come from the VI's, or at the least the misinformation that is pushed the public way. And from the BBC - they should know better than to accept this.

Can we do something, I believe in the legal system and if it can be used to our advantage then it could be for the good of us all.

The courts are there for all to use and fair news reporting is good for the nation.

For instance we could raise the public profile of our cause. I believe that if the Halifax use housing asking prices then they are creating not a house price index but a house price asking index. I believe we can change their index title at least. It's just qualifying defenitions, they may even thank me for helping them become more clear.

I give you my word that I will take the Halifax to court if I get a thousand requests and proof that they use the asking price. Bold words I know but with 1000 requests with names and addresses I'd enjoy the moment and feel I'm not on my own.

Now it's down to you my friends. I'm asking a lot I know so I guess this may not happen but the fun of it would be good. We do a voice beyond this site. O.K. we don't have the BBC but maybe they would pressured to do something.

I'm sure we have a valid point.

Take this in humour or call my bluff, please call my bluff.

I guess you can mail me or something like that from the site.

Mr. Webmaster please let me know your thoughts, I just want to help and act out of respect for the truth.

Since 1984 the goverment have used this wrongly titled house price index, and maybe the government could help us. After all if you were the govt. would you let a bunch of businessmen lie to you.

I for one wouldn't and as a proud nation we need to do something about this abomination.

Come on, Lets do it.

I reckon there must be a 1000 of you on this site up for it.