House Price Crash Forum

Leadsom: Males In Childcare Paedophile Risk

HOLA441
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

The only woman I know who was raped,

Unless you only know a minuscule number of women I can pretty much guarantee that you know more than one woman who's been raped. I'm not a private person in the slightest but I've only told three people in real life about my rape, not including the police. Part of the reason is that it is unpleasant for me to talk about it but it's also really unpleasant for people to hear about it - so I've only told people who need to know. If it gets to trial I'll probably tell more people, but if it doesn't I won't.

HOLA443

Yes. In one of those Care Homes of which we hear so much.

Harumph! I had at one time wanted to be a primary school teacher. I'm not a kiddy diddler, and would probably had fantasies about the lady teachers. But in this modern age, everyone seems to be a pervert or victim Which is a pity as it deprives young children of a good male role model. That's me! :blink: Follow the Pin.

HOLA444

Primary school teacher is actually a fantastic career for a man. Very few have ever gone into it because most men don't want to spend all their working day with young children, but some do.

They will then find themselves a massive beneficiary of positive discrimination because having a male teacher is a huge plus.

A perfect idiot that I went to school with had got to be a deputy head for just this reason.

HOLA445

I remember a community initiative 'Safeguarding' presentation presented by someone with a police background, it struck me that this woman's view of the world had been completely warped by the job she had. Everyone was a baddun...

There has been a 20 year demonisation of men, totally disproportionate to any problem (most abuse is within the family unless it is of the religion whose name we do not speak but that is cultural). It seems to be part of the attack on family life - and in particular the nuclear family of man/woman/couple of sprogs.

They wonder why they can't get volunteers to help with youth projects and activities - men can't win so run a mile >>> cries of lack of male role models and a dominance of females in primary schools.

It is not healthy for our society to ostracise all men.

Disappointing if Leadsom is of the 'all men are perverts' mindset.

My bold.

20 years only takes one back to 1996. It's been going on for longer than that - in the media etc maybe going back to around the early 1970s late 1960s. Although it might also be fair to say it seemed to ratchet up from around the early 1990s when it increasingly went from mainly just ridicule of males by the media etc to something a bit more nasty.

HOLA446

Unless you only know a minuscule number of women I can pretty much guarantee that you know more than one woman who's been raped. I'm not a private person in the slightest but I've only told three people in real life about my rape, not including the police. Part of the reason is that it is unpleasant for me to talk about it but it's also really unpleasant for people to hear about it - so I've only told people who need to know. If it gets to trial I'll probably tell more people, but if it doesn't I won't.

That's interesting one Ms (I assume female) Time. As a one time randy bloke, you sometimes get into those situations, where you think you have scored a home run, but when you have tricked the girl into a "cup of coffee", she doesn't look so happy.

MrPin's answer is get her a cab home. I have done that!

No smiles equals no nobbing.

But I've been on the other side! A nice female of my aquaintance turned up unanounced with a crate of lager and took all her clothes off. MrPin does a good job.

But some years later (in a pissy fit) she called me a rapist. I was very offended.

HOLA447

Primary school teacher is actually a fantastic career for a man. Very few have ever gone into it because most men don't want to spend all their working day with young children, but some do.

They will then find themselves a massive beneficiary of positive discrimination because having a male teacher is a huge plus.

A perfect idiot that I went to school with had got to be a deputy head for just this reason.

We were all small once Frank!

Kids like stories and explosions.

Why do roses have five petals? I don't now .What other plants have five sides!

HOLA448

My bold.

20 years only takes one back to 1996. It's been going on for longer than that - in the media etc maybe going back to around the early 1970s late 1960s. Although it might also be fair to say it seemed to ratchet up from around the early 1990s when it increasingly went from mainly just ridicule of males by the media etc to something a bit more nasty.

I am in agreement Mr Bong. I feel that "normal blokes", which vary a lot , but are made out to be demons.

HOLA449

For my sins I started a pro Leadsom thread in off topic before she even threw her hat in the ring. I was pretty impressed that she didn't panic or produce a bead of sweat facing 6,000 at Wembley and millions at home. Seemed super human...i guess there is a fine line between that and being abnormal. I guess the rest of us with nerves and worries would be a bit more guarded in an interview without coming out with Paedogate and Mothergate.

People who can do that are normally very good and composed, or totally off scale lunatics.

She's the latter.

HOLA4410

And wall to wall women teachers.

Ok, a lot are fcking loons in ethnic dresses and flat shoes. Some are OK.

All those young kids, it gets the young ones going...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The roots are in 1950s post-war feminism. Back then of course the feminists faced a very different situation, with the vast majority of women pushed - willingly or not - into a domestic role and poorly-treated if they went out to work. The portrayal of the man expecting his woman to fulfil that role was a fair one, and turning him into a bit of a caricature was perfectly logical. It's kind-of grown from there, even as the feminists achieved their reasonable goals and swung the pendulum so far as to kind-of demonise not just men, but also those women who actually prefer the homemaker role for themselves.

Worth remembering, men were victims of that same system. The feminist narrative has them enjoying a more privileged existence, but reality for most was a daily grind, and little sight of the family. But there was no equivalent movement to feminism. Portrayals of the man's lot transcended sexual politics (e.g. Arthur Miller), or turned the man himself into a monster (e.g. John Osborne).

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Oh, and most primary heads + deputy heads are idiots.

Anyone with slught bit of organisation and the ability to stay at school and use a computer is fast tracked to leadership.

I'm thinking this might be a good career choice for me!

I agree with a lot of the comments that were made against mine to be fair. Men have become demonized, the overwhelming majority would make great carers etc, but I still would prefer to have a female look after my kids if I had any.

I also get that a lot of women have been raped and don't talk about it, so I probably use do know other women who have been raped. But the only one I know of was by two Muslim immigrants, and I guess these types of rapes are the ones which end up in trial.

HOLA4415

I'm thinking this might be a good career choice for me!

I agree with a lot of the comments that were made against mine to be fair. Men have become demonized, the overwhelming majority would make great carers etc, but I still would prefer to have a female look after my kids if I had any.

I also get that a lot of women have been raped and don't talk about it, so I probably use do know other women who have been raped. But the only one I know of was by two Muslim immigrants, and I guess these types of rapes are the ones which end up in trial.

It's an interesting one.

When looking at possible babysitters, we met male and female, but I immediately discounted the males from looking after my female child (<5). It's an example of how although the risks are minimal, if you are the 1 in 10000 the impact is catastrophic.

HOLA4416

As a bloke who works in care and is training to be a nurse I take issue with that. While I have never worked with children directly I did apply for one of these roles years ago.

Most of the guys I know are extremely professional and very good at their job. Maleso who work with young kids are already subject to ridiculous levels of scrutiny that the women just don't get.

Not to mention kids in care need male and female role models.

Explain to me again why it's common sense that I...With a clean criminal record...should not be trusted to work with kids?

P

How lovely Paul Jesus, that an ordinary carpenter like you, wants to work with people and save us from Heaven.

My dad is a qualified nurse, BTW.

HOLA4417

Wonder what this dumb tart`s opinion is of male foster carers. She really is loathsome. I think Theresa will have her hands full with this bint and Boris.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/andrea-leadsom-men-paedophiles-childcare-workers-hired-sensible-a7139351.html

No surprise here. Lets not forget this is one of the despicable crew who told lies to masses of fools who voted leave.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

As a bloke who works in care and is training to be a nurse I take issue with that. While I have never worked with children directly I did apply for one of these roles years ago.

Most of the guys I know are extremely professional and very good at their job. Maleso who work with young kids are already subject to ridiculous levels of scrutiny that the women just don't get.

Not to mention kids in care need male and female role models.

Explain to me again why it's common sense that I...With a clean criminal record...should not be trusted to work with kids?

P

I totally understand where you are coming from, and don't doubt for a second that you are most likely amazing with kids...your own and others. I do have a disclaimer in that I went to a posh school where it was widely known that some of the masters were a bit too friendly with the boys (I even saw first hand the Latin teacher holding a towel open inspecting a young boys body...never forget it). Thankfully I was never a victim being a day-boy, and not in the choir, but in the end it became a Scandal in the newspapers. Now I just don't trust men with kids.

HOLA4420

So what?

Why would anyone judge someone arbitrarily based on their gender? That's sexism. If a very significant minority of men were paedophiles, then you'd have a case. But I don't believe that is reality. Therefore, it's just ridiculous to judge all men as if they are paedophiles. This is like judging all immigrants as thieves or rapists - nonsense.

Following on the same stat logic to qualify a comment, boys will get culled at birth at this rate.

HOLA4421

Steady on everyone!

There are many ways that children can suffer appalling abuse. Some of it is sexual and that is focused on by poor quality press. Most abuse suffered by children is online or physical. Unfortunately any abuse leaves a mark.

Well-informed adults of either gender, with the correct training and the correct policies in place, are safe. We want these well informed people looking after our children and giving them high quality experiences.

But being well-informed is way beyond common sense. Common sense is not enough enough to keep you or our children safe because people who abuse can be very clever.

To return to the original post, it's not a male/female argument and to suggest it is is silly.

Sorry, are you saying paedophiles commit sexual abuse of children not because of a profound sexual dysfunction, but because they're not "well informed"?

I help out at a cub scout group and a children's football club, and so I'm aware of the safeguarding procedures. It seems abundantly clear to me that they are sufficient to prevent future, financially motivated, false abuse allegations. Given the dismal failure of the courts to demand anything approaching "beyond reasonable doubt evidence" in historical abuse cases this is undoubtedly worthwhile. However I don't believe they make children significantly safer from abuse. Like most bureaucratic solutions, it makes things a royal pain for normal people and makes barely a jot of difference to the criminals. For the football club, the safeguarding procedures aren't too onerous, because it's naturally a short time, with lots of children all together, and lots of adults present. It presents all sorts of additional burdens for cub scouts though, particularly with regard to camps. It's notable there are enormous waiting lists for scout groups, you basically have to register when pregnant to get your child in round here, yet they're shutting down rather than opening up more capacity.

What's significantly worse than the additional inconveniences for adults is the impact on children. We send 4 year olds off to school/nursery for up 9 hours a day, but the people caring for them are under an injunction that they cannot "initiate" giving them a hug when they're hurt or upset. That's not a "high quality experience", that's all kinds of f**ked up.

HOLA4422

That is actually abuse. I don't know the level of it in withdrawing human contact in 4 year olds but I'm fairly confident it is not healthy.

I am aware of various experiments designed to show the importance of contact in new borns but that's as far as my knowledge extends.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Harlow

Whoa! They talk about the soft mummy without milk or wire mummy with milk experiments in Marshall Law, but I had no idea they were real. That guy sounds like a self-aware psychopath trying to understand his own deficiencies.

HOLA4423

Oh absolutely. You don't want to be driving him home when it could be the 16 year old girl from around the corner. :rolleyes:

Indeed couldn't this be a bit risky too. Trying to avoid your children being abused by the boy and then the girl baby sitter acuses the father of something on being driven home.

HOLA4424

So did I :) Perhaps it makes us prone to believing that nonces hide in plain sight :blink: But no...I think that is just the public school system...

Although the way you describe it, we may have shared a Latin master...who had a penchant for supervising lower school games :lol:

"Pueri...*******es...bum-bam-ba-da-da-da-baa--da-da!!" ;)

P

Indeed...you didn't go to Hurst did you? Was boys only in my day, thankfully girls now. Got out first chance I could at the age of 16 when my parents let me choose to either carry on there, or go to a mixed sixth form college...no choice really, although I did get expelled from the state school within 8 weeks because I just went wild!

HOLA4425

I went to a posh state grammar. There were still pervy teachers that we all knew about. You pretty much sense that as a young lad, but AFAIK, no scandals happened. :(

Archived