House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

or in excess of

Leadsom: Males In Childcare Paedophile Risk

A clueless remark - strong evidence that she would be wise not to make statements on things she knows nothing about.

Abusers can be female or male.

Child protection awareness/training is compulsory for all who work in childcare. Policies are in place and, when followed well, ensure that our children are safe. Men are unusual in Early Childhood and Primary education and that is to the detriment of our children's early experiences.

A quote of a quote taken from a twitter screen shot. I assume the Times are going to release the full audio?

Hmmm

If they're making it up she can sue them for libel and pocket a nice 6 figure sum.

If they're making it up she can sue them for libel and pocket a nice 6 figure sum.

Precisely

People were questioning the veracity of her mothergate quote, because they said it was out of context and the times hadn't released the entire recording

She's a swivel-eyed loon. End of.

We nearly had her running the country

But deniers gotta deny

Precisely

People were questioning the veracity of her mothergate quote, because they said it was out of context and the times hadn't released the entire recording

But deniers gotta deny

Do you reckon May knows ?

It's stupid in so many ways. There are lots of blokes wth genuine talent for nurturing young children, and it would be an economic waste for them not to be able to apply their aptitudes. Furthermore, it would be unhealthy, imho, for the only supervising figures in children's lives to be female and to have no male influence.

Denier? Hardly. She may have said it. But the fact people on here are buying into unverified media spin from the Times is worrying. Until it's picked up by more outlets I'll reserve my judgement.

It's stupid in so many ways. There are lots of blokes wth genuine talent for nurturing young children, and it would be an economic waste for them not to be able to apply their attitudes. Furthermore, it would be unhealthy, imho, for the only supervising figures in children's lives to be female and to have no male influence.

I dunno. Guess she's arguing for the primeval archetypes: the males go out to earn a living, the females keep home and nurture the young.

Must be very disappointed to see a woman in that very alpha-male role of leading the country.

Denier? Hardly. She may have said it. But the fact people on here are buying into unverified media spin from the Times is worrying. Until it's picked up by more outlets I'll reserve my judgement.

Erm ....

Why are you banging on about the Times?

Is it because of Murdoch pulling her strings (along with Boris's and Gollum's)?

I dunno. Guess she's arguing for the primeval archetypes: the males go out to earn a living, the females keep home and nurture the young.

Must be very disappointed to see a woman in that very alpha-male role of leading the country.

I believe like every senior or middle person I ever met in banking, the words just come out of her mouth and are subservient to her own entitlement and self promotion.

This news has been out a couple of days but for some reason has fallen under the radar, may be Nice. i did mention it on the main Leadsom ( off topic) thread early yesterday.

Have to agree this makes Mothergate seem inconsequential now , the Times had saved the big bazooka for when voting would have got under way.

I guess as this shocker was aimed at men as opposed to some disadvantaged group she might just about get away with it. But she is definitely skating on thin ice.

Btw i am fully aware of females views re. males in caring roles. Fwiw I wouldn't do a caring role for all the money in the world where kids are concerned...God knows why men volunteer to be scout leaders, football coaches etc. all credit to those that want to put themselves through this sort of crap.

Btw i am fully aware of females views re. males in caring roles. Fwiw I wouldn't do a caring role for all the money in the world where kids are concerned...God knows why men volunteer to be scout leaders, football coaches etc. all credit to those that want to put themselves through this sort of crap.

Not without a full colour, sound recording dash-cam on my head

Looking at the comments on Mailonline it seems many agree with her.

I think as 95% of men would not want to get involved in childcare, apart from their own kids, she will probably get away with this. If a man came up with something that vile against women generally then they would be sacked within 5 minutes.

Where as women would probably fly into a schizoid rage at somehting on this scale, I guess men are just quietly amused and gobsmacked that a mainstream politician could say that, apart from any male nannies out there. :wacko:

If leadsom became prime minister I suspect she wouldn't last a month before losing as vote of no confidence.

Precisely

But deniers gotta deny

Agreed. And she lied during the Brexit campaign.

Agreed. And she lied during the Brexit campaign.

For my sins I started a pro Leadsom thread in off topic before she even threw her hat in the ring. I was pretty impressed that she didn't panic or produce a bead of sweat facing 6,000 at Wembley and millions at home. Seemed super human...i guess there is a fine line between that and being abnormal. I guess the rest of us with nerves and worries would be a bit more guarded in an interview without coming out with Paedogate and Mothergate.

Not without a full colour, sound recording dash-cam on my head

Absolutely

In my naive youth when I was at Uni, I had some spare time and wanted to to do something good for the community (whatever possessed me) so I responded to an advert in the local paper for an assistant cub scout leader or the group would have to shut down

I was left unsupervised with them only a handful of times (when the leader was ill or couldn't make it), but even so, with hindsight I would never have even contemplated doing this

and even though it was 25 years ago, who's to say if I become rich and famous I don't get a dawn raid from plod with the full glare of the press on my doorstep

a very sad state of affairs

For my sins I started a pro Leadsom thread in off topic before she even threw her hat in the ring. I was pretty impressed that she didn't panic or produce a bead of sweat facing 6,000 at Wembley and millions at home. Seemed super human...i guess there is a fine line between that and being abnormal. I guess the rest of us with nerves and worries would be a bit more guarded in an interview without coming out with Paedogate and Mothergate.

She was looking a lot more interesting - even glamorous - at the time you started that. A hint of the Boris about her.

Two different environments. As a brexit campaigner with no (known) history to sully the image, she was a media darling who couldn't put a foot wrong. That's what your thread was about.

As soon as she's a leadership candidate, she gets the Real Politician treatment. Not so forgiving at all.