House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notMyName

Missing Front Tooth

I'm currently missing a front tooth due to having an abscess above a crown that couldn't be fixed, so had to be removed.

I'm currently waiting 4 months (1 month left) to get a bridge fitted, but I'm starting to wonder if having a missing front tooth is such a big deal?

I'm self employed in lawn care, and I have a family, so not really looking to impress anyone with my smile to be honest, so is it important to have that full smile or not?

Your thoughts?

Only you can say whether it bothers you sufficiently to have it replaced. You've done OK so far..

People with missing front teeth do look like they just might have been in a fight.

I have two teeth bridged at the front, both incisors. My original ones were tiny and rotted.

A lot of people have a lot of things missing, but I don't really care about that much. I think you should do your front tooth though! Probably expensive! Unless you never smile and want to be in a zombie move? :blink:

Well I just turned 39 today, I guess that maybe sparked the thoughts about what you need to look like. Maybe the beer had a hand too :)

I had a missing front tooth for 6 years which didn't bother me. Then I lost another front tooth and felt it was time to get dentures as I'd gradually lost all my upper back teeth because of a health problem.

The dentures took a bit of getting used to initially but it didn't take long until I didn't notice them and felt comfortable with them. Had them 5 years now and thankfully have had no trouble with my remaining teeth during this time.

Edited to add: I'm late 50's but couldn't have coped with a missing front tooth when I was younger.

Well I just turned 39 today, I guess that maybe sparked the thoughts about what you need to look like. Maybe the beer had a hand too :)

If they aren't supported there's a good chance you'll lose the adjacent teeth eventually.

Oh well, if you're that old, might as well give in now ;) *

If you don't like going to the dentists - it doesn't hurt.

* I'm 43

I'm rather older, and I have nice chipped yellow teeth.

I'm rather older, and I have nice chipped yellow teeth.

You'll wonder where the yellow went

If you go steady with Pepsodent!

39 - get it done.

Absolutely! At my age I'm lucky to meet anyone with teeth. :blink:

Yeah, Ok I'll keep the appointment. Sometime you just have to ask :)

I have already noticed the other 2 teeth at either side of the gap moving over slightly, as floss fits much easier., so I guess I had better fill it.

You'll wonder where the yellow went

If you go steady with Pepsodent!

You'll wonder where your teeth went with that 60's advert

Get it fixed, definitely.

My husband has some teeth screwed into his head. One has an abscess under it so they'll only put temporary glue on it whilst he's waiting for a dental hospital appointment to have it sorted. It pops out every few weeks and he looks like a bloody hillbilly.

My husband has some teeth screwed into his head. One has an abscess under it so they'll only put temporary glue on it whilst he's waiting for a dental hospital appointment to have it sorted. It pops out every few weeks and he looks like a bloody hillbilly.

Yes it does tend to make me look like either a rugby player, or crack head :P

Another vote for getting it done- you will have a nicer smile once it's fixed, and it's a fairly trivial expense and inconvenience. As you say, there's the aspect of looking like you lost it through some sort of violence or self inflicted ill-health, which could just possibly cost you business. And to be honest, your partner and your kids may have got used to it being missing but I doubt they prefer you that way!

Maybe he can join my Country and Western Punk Jazz Ensemble? :blink:

My husband has some teeth screwed into his head.

This immediately conjured up a mental picture of some new form of body augmentation!

Of course you have it done OP. Now dentistry is widely available a missing front tooth suggests junkie / homeless.

If it's one of the eye teeth or in front of that, and if women's opinions on your attractiveness are of any importance to you, have it done - only kids under 10 look cute with missing front teeth.

In his mouth, or just at random locations?

Frank thinks it's bizarre body art.