House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

I Need Some Spicey Sauce In My Life

Just had a burger. Put some Sainsburys brown sauce on it - no bite whatsoever. Didn't see the point of it.

I used to love HP sauce but then the Dutch took it over and it became blah overnight.

I read that most of the own-brand supermarket brown sauces are made in the same Dutch factory as HP sauce is made.

So HP sauce is now rubbish. Most of the supermarket own brands are rubbish.

Can anyone recommend a brown sauce that has that original HP sauce bite that it had years ago?

How about some Hot Diggidy Dog, made here in Wales I hasten to add.

That is a tobasco type chilli sauce. I am looking for something more akin to that spicey herb old style HP sauce.

How about some Hot Diggidy Dog, made here in Wales I hasten to add.

Made by a mate of a mate of mine ,can`t believe how well he`s doing out of it ,started of with a little stall doing game fairs,county shows ,Vw /car shows

Ah, I had some Stokes ketchup last week in a greasy caff and was so impressed I had a look at the bottle for the brand. I will seek out their brown sauce varity. I will try the tip tree also.

Thanks.

It looks waterly like worcestershire sauce???

Sauce Bean loves it though.

Henderson's is basically identical to Worcester but made oooop north.

So easy to make your own spicy tomato sauce, even better if you can grow own toms and hot chilies.....make it up but check the sugar as some recipes are far too sweet......the sauce once made can be frozen for later if made in bulk or kept in the fridge for months......great to add to all kinds of recipes such as chili con carne or great on a warmed tortilla with melted cheese or toasted cheese sandwich, loads of was to eat it, simple and cheap to make. ;)

Nah, it is made in the same factory in the Netherlands as HP Sauce. Both are owned by Heinz.

While it might be made in the same place, but Daddies has always been a fair bit different to HP and the other supermarket brands. The later has a tomato base, Daddies is vinegar and contains no tomatoes at all.

Ah, not what I am looking for - but I will keep an eye out for it as I like worcester sauce.

Not sure they allow it past the passport checks between the north and the Midlands/Wales.

Maybe HP sauce can become British again? The Dutch stuff is not as good.

Made by a mate of a mate of mine ,can`t believe how well he`s doing out of it ,started of with a little stall doing game fairs,county shows ,Vw /car shows

That's funny. Mr B was in Sea Cadets with him and knows him well too (which is why I mentioned it). Small (ish) world.