House Price Crash Forum

Camerons Last Pmqs Got A Question From Corbyn About 450K Houses

What's the easiest way to get to live cheaply in London. Have several kids and live on welfare and have your rent paid on a house that would cost £600k plus to buy and require a salary of up to £150k. What's the point of working as you are no better off.

I would frankly abolish almost all welfare for those on working age who are not disabled and haven't paid in and instead spend the funds on the disabled and frail elderly needing social care. Wanna live in London - get off your backside and work for it.

That is why we need reform to the welfare state - if we don't this will happen.

(BTW I don't share your opinion but I can understand why you have it, I certainly don't want to attack you for saying it).

He gets it alright.

He gets every little policy initiative and increase in debt that helps to support house prices. It's not as if he didn't have rooms full of advisers and analysts to help him get it and the likely consequences. He also gets how to convincingly spin those same policy initiatives into the pretence that it's really helping the young and the not so young.

In answer to Corbyn's question it was blatant the way he spoke about the (pitiful) amount of 700,000 new homes built during the 6 years of his premiership in a tone as if it was a grand achievement - he gets it alright.

His pals and their mates all get it as well.

That much is for sure.

One also suspects that Theresa May (former Bank of England employee) in the fullness of time will also demonstrate how well she gets it but to be fair that remains to be seen and only time will tell.

Edited by billybong

Again, that is why I shed no tears for Cameron when he left 10 Downing street. I am pretty sure Cameron is one of those likeable Toffs who used to hang out with the oinks and plebs and lowlife in his younger days and genuinely like their company, knowing his real Walt Disney life was only a stone throws away once he got bored of it. He will continue to live the rest of his life out with his lovely looking kids and wife in settings from Darling buds of May on steroids, he will dine on the Thames Southbank and the kids will be raised in the countryside with cute photos of them with horsed and goats etc and then the 5 star visits back to London in their multi million pound house.

Cameron seems to have zero interest or understanding, just cannot make my mind up with which, of peoples daily worry about getting a decent roof above his head before they even think about the daily struggle of making a decent wage. These type of people like you said "do not get it", decent housing in his and all his friends and family lives has never and will never be an issue or worry, they can just walk out of that front door every morning with no worries and concentrate on nothing but life itself.

I know who Darling is and I know who May is. Who the hell is Buds?

I know who Darling is and I know who May is. Who the hell is Buds?

:lol:

I only know of Alan Budd.

Sir Alan Peter Budd GBE (born 16 November 1937) is a prominent British economist, who was a founding member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) in 1997.

In May 2010 he came out of retirement to be the interim Chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility, set up by Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne to assess the state of public finances and issue economic forecasts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Budd

Cameron said......some people are able to get on the housing ladder now with a deposit of as little as £2,000

Yup ... see my sig

:D

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship