House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Terrorist Attack In Nice, France

Car driven into crowd. Gunshots fired. Bastille Day celebrations. Bodies lying in road.

Situation is confused. Some saying the gunfire is gunfire. Others saying it was fireworks.

Edit:

French TV reporting that several people are dead. Crowds running.

Eyewitness report that a van drove into the crowd and continued driving over people.

Al Jazeera has it all, a large truck 7.5tonner looks like, front smashed in, drove into a large crowd celebrating Bastille day in Nice.

Police engaged occupants in a gun battle.

RT reporting possibly 10 dead

AL jazeera reporting 3 dead.

Edit: I'm out in the sticks in southern Ireland only got 3g internet, will check back when The Eagle chimes in.

Religion of peace:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36800730

A lorry has struck a crowd during Bastille Day celebrations in the southern French city of Nice, media reports and witnesses say.

The incident took place on the Promenade des Anglais during a firework display, the reports said.

One image on Twitter showed about a dozen people lying on the street, some being tended to.

The local prefecture has urged people in the area to remain indoors, calling the incident "an attack".

Some reports spoke of shots being exchanged between police and the occupants of the lorry but these have not been confirmed.

Social media video showed people running through the streets in panic following the incident.

A journalist with the Nice Matin newspaper reported from the scene that there was "a lot of blood and without doubt many injured".

Another image on Twitter showed a white lorry stopped in the middle of the promenade with damage to its front, and four police officers observing it while taking cover behind a palm tree.

What was it the French Intel chief said yesterday about the effects of a major Islamic attack? Hadn't the French just said that they are removing the "state of emergency" at the end of this month?

Too early to make any assumptions about any criminal element yet though.. Thoughts are with people of Nice.

BBC and Skky going out of their way not to use the I-word.

What was that twittwer twatter:

"If you think this is a muslim crime then you are a racist. You are a racist."

Well I think it's a muslim crime along with 99.9% of the population.

RT reporting 50 people dead just now on Twitter. I really hope that's wrong.

There's a video being shared on twitter. The image you see on DM is a few bodies together. The video instead clearly shows that it drove through a large stretch of people and took a couple of lives every few yards for quite a distance. Edit: It's very graphic, you don't want to watch it really.

BBC and Skky going out of their way not to use the I-word.

Yep radio 5 just had someone on to say that it was too early to jump to conclusions.

Still, I look forward to everyone changing their Facebook profile pictures - that will send a message to these murderous arseholes.

60 dead mentioned now, such a disgusting act by the 'Religion of Peace'.

There's a video being shared on twitter. The image you see on DM is a few bodies together. The video instead clearly shows that it drove through a large stretch of people and took a couple of lives every few yards for quite a distance. Edit: It's very graphic, you don't want to watch it really.

Yup, not pretty at all. I wouldn't suggest watching it before bed.

Everybody assumed the Breivik shooting would be Islamist terrorists, same for the Oklahoma City bombing. Best to wait for the data really.

Yep radio 5 just had someone on to say that it was too early to jump to conclusions.

Is it possible this is an accident, something similar to the Glasgow bin lorry a couple of years ago?