House Price Crash Forum
LCN111

House Selling Advice

Hi, my first post and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas, other than the usual estate agents, promoting on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, any other methods which might give better exposure on selling a property?

I also heard on the radio today that there seems to be a drop in the property market which they seem to be blaming on the Brexit. Unsure if that's the case but say if that wasn't, how long would someone expect to have their house on the market before they see some gradual increase of interest? Or is it basically if the price and location is right for the market at that time?

To answer your three questions:

Just hang around outside estate agents, saying "pst I have a house to sell."

If you want to know about gradual increase of interest ask Mark Carney.

Basically, yes.

You can sell anything quickly at the right price, imo.

9PYdKT.jpg

Hi, my first post and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas, other than the usual estate agents, promoting on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, any other methods which might give better exposure on selling a property?

I also heard on the radio today that there seems to be a drop in the property market which they seem to be blaming on the Brexit. Unsure if that's the case but say if that wasn't, how long would someone expect to have their house on the market before they see some gradual increase of interest? Or is it basically if the price and location is right for the market at that time?

Its all nonsense, there is no drop in prices and never will be (well maybe 10% but always short term!). There is a housing crisis and they aren't making any more land! What are you waiting for, buy a BTL! You know it is the right thing to do for your pension. :)

On 14/07/2016 at 10:11 PM, nnails said:

Can private individual list on rightmove?

No, but I believe you can sell your own property via purple bricks and it is listed via them on rightmove

The cheapest agent is doorsteps. I sold my house through them for £99. You have to take pics and write the ad yourself but thats not exactly difficult. Makes you wonder if traditional estate agents days are numbered. They take a huge fee for doing not a lot.

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:39, bear.getting.old said:

The cheapest agent is doorsteps. I sold my house through them for £99. You have to take pics and write the ad yourself but thats not exactly difficult. Makes you wonder if traditional estate agents days are numbered. They take a huge fee for doing not a lot.

people doing 'stuff for themselves?'  nah, it'll never catch on.