House Price Crash Forum
Hectors House

Prepare For House Price Collapse

Danny Blanchflower on Bloomberg TV just now said "House price collapse is coming"

Gag the bankers? Lie about BREXIT consequences? Naw.

Senior bankers (treasury) in London are growing frustrated with JPMorgan Chase’s public warnings that it may cut thousands of jobs in the UK, saying such remarks send an unhelpfully negative message.

Officials asked international banks to sign a “more optimistic” joint statement than the one eventually published last Thursday and said banks and the Treasury would “work together . . . to help London retain its position as the leading international financial centre”.

With big UK/Deutsche money 'betting' on recession and all that negative stuff.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-13/germany-sells-first-ever-negative-yielding-10y-treasury-corporate-bonds

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/753164809538039808

http://uk.businessinsider.com/rics-charts-brexit-impact-on-uk-house-prices-2016-7

Brexit is going to kill house prices, says the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors in a new report. But we were warned about this already.

Before Britons voted for the UK to leave the European Union on June 23, the Remain campaign, backed up by Treasury analysis, stressed that a Brexit would reduce UK house prices.

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/buying/postbrexit-property-asking-prices-continue-to-fall-as-buyers-demand-better-deals-following-vote-a102681.html

property asking prices continue to drop as buyers demand better deals

So the 'pension is my property' brigade are goign to eat crow.

Lots and lots of people are going to lose their jobs, kind of negating the effect of 'house cost reductions'.

Central banks going to drop rates, print.

'Unintended consequences' My a$$.

Bigger risk is going to be 'where's my money', 'here's your heart medicine Mr Brown, that'll be £500', 'open up Mr Brown, this is the court, we're repossessing', etc...

So BREXIT, while noble in the base intentions....with no plan B has put the UK into a tailspin. Awesome

Now lets try and organise some 'fair' trade deals with our biggest parteners. http://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-perspectives-2016-trade-with-the-eu-and-beyond/

And deal with China, India, and other huge nations which harbour no ill memory of Britain... with gaffe prone Boris the clown out front. Lolz.

Bartender!

Edited by cashinmattress

So BREXIT, while noble in the base intentions....with no plan B has put the UK into a tailspin. Awesome

Just because you're anti-Brexit - please don't lower yourself to blame the current economic shitshow on Brexit. We had 7 years of ZIRP before 23rd June.

Just because you're anti-Brexit - please don't lower yourself to blame the current economic shitshow on Brexit. We had 7 years of ZIRP before 23rd June.

Everybody has ZIRP policy. Sure, the system was corrupt but it worked.

You are making the mistake of assumption. You know how that saying goes right...

Never stated my view on a BREXIT vote, only the folly of it.

BREXIT with no plan B is like wearing lead shoes in a bull fight. No plan B, or C. No plan at all.

Terrible for all non-Brits living and working here who are being subjected to petty hate crime, for which this vote has apparently given a mandate to the bigots who infest these islands.

And now we have the UK equivalent of former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford as our foreign secretary?

The collapse of government, infighting, and lack of democratic mandate is making the UK look like a Banana republic on the world stage.

We are at risk of destroying our standard of living permanently. Sure (risk) it existed before, but it's playing out now.

All the promises from the leave side have been fiction or fabrication with a campaign built on fear and pandering to base emotion.

That is my issue. Just about everything that has been happening was forecasted.

And we've done the typical contemporary British thing. Elevated and celebrated our idiots, ignored the wise.

Good luck to us all.

http://www.ifamagazine.com/ifa/uk-pensions-risk-like-never-following-brexit-says-devere/

Edited by cashinmattress

You are making the mistake of assumption. You know how that saying goes right...

BREXIT with no plan B is like wearing lead shoes in a bull fight. No plan B, or C. No plan at all.

Terrible for all non-Brits living and working here who are being subjected to petty hate crime, for which this vote has apparently given a mandate to the bigots who infest these islands.

And now we have the UK equivalent of former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford as our foreign secretary?

The collapse of government, infighting, and lack of democratic mandate is making the UK look like a Banana republic on the world stage.

We are at risk of destroying our standard of living permanently. Sure (risk) it existed before, but it's playing out now.

All the promises from the leave side have been fiction or fabrication with a campaign built on fear and pandering to base emotion.

And we've done the typical contemporary British thing. Elevated and celebrated our idiots, ignored the wise.

Good luck to us all.

http://www.ifamagazine.com/ifa/uk-pensions-risk-like-never-following-brexit-says-devere/

And of course the EZ is a beacon of financial stability where there are no racists....... :lol: We are much better out now, before it really gets bad.

And of course the EZ is a beacon of financial stability where there are no racists....... :lol: We are much better out now, before it really gets bad.

Time will tell.

Meanwhile we're in the process of shutting up shop and re-branding (aka making it up as you go along)?

Great....

Tell that to all those who will be losing jobs and shutting down business here when you're out and about.

And to your kids who have just learned a new word; impairment.

Don't know about you- but Its difficult not to trip over the hoards of Polish folk I see lying on the streets of Edinburgh today having had their heads kicked in by baying anti EU mobs joyous after the Brexit vote.

Or perhaps not. :)

Good luck to us all.

Black and white thinking. Brexit = all things bad, in the EU = things much much better. Nonsense.

Much of our troubles were caused by mass immigration - David Davies at least acknowledges that. You can't grow an economy by mass immigration (that rely on tax credits and housing benefits) and not run into infrastructure and debt problems. You support unsustainable policies. I don't.

Black and white thinking. Brexit = all things bad, in the EU = things much much better. Nonsense.

Much of our troubles were caused by mass immigration - David Davies at least acknowledges that. You can't grow an economy by mass immigration (that rely on tax credits and housing benefits) and not run into infrastructure and debt problems. You support unsustainable policies. I don't.

Unsustainable policies? What? Like the NHS or the state pension? BREXIT won't fix that.

Immigration. BREXIT won't fix that.

Corrupt politicians in Westminster, House of Lords, and Royals? BREXIT won't fix that.

Free passes to corrupt banking in London? BREXIT won' fix that.

If anything it will increase the numbers of people 'buying' their way in instead of just walking the tunnel as it were.

Nor will it stop the UK from accepting refugees, unless we go totally medieval (not happening).

We've cast blame on the people with the least influence, daubed them with the wrong brush.

Sources: Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand... all points based immigration systems.

Edited by cashinmattress

BREXIT also wont cure cancer. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it though.

Unsustainable policies? What? Like the NHS or the state pension? BREXIT won't fix that.

Immigration. BREXIT won't fix that.

Corrupt politicians in Westminster, House of Lords, and Royals? BREXIT won't fix that.

Free passes to corrupt banking in London? BREXIT won' fix that.

If anything it will increase the numbers of people 'buying' their way in instead of just walking the tunnel as it were.

Nor will it stop the UK from accepting refugees, unless we go totally medieval (not happening).

We've cast blame on the people with the least influence, daubed them with the wrong brush.

Sources: Australia, Canada, USA, New Zealand... all points based immigration systems.

Cameron and Osborne, Brexit sure fixed them.

Good luck to us all.

Your use of the Rob Ford analagy perfectly exemplifies your ignorance or disinformed position on eveythting in your post. I live in Tororonto and I can assure you there is very little to compare the two. Ford was an idiot, Johnson is highly intelligent...if you mean thatvthey have personalities, then yes, they have something in common. As for a wave of Xenophobix attacks...nonsense, more like a wave of reporting stuff that has always been there in a tiny amount.

Cameron and Osborne, Brexit sure fixed them.

It did indeed.

Poor Cameron with his tail between his legs, back to his 'farm' and mega millions, off to consult and keynote speak for£10,000/head seven course meals.

Same for Osborne, to even more bags of money.

The feels....

Uncontrolled immigration.

Doesn't work when you issue tax credits and housing benefits and child benefits to every newly arrived immigrant.

Ok then.

Qualify your argument with some numbers and facts and not just vacuous rhetoric.. seemingly parroted from Leave campaign posters?

How much poorer am I because of non-working immigrants (ignore students in your sums)?

How has my quality of life been eroded because of immigration?

How have my freedoms, life choices, rights and security been negatively effected by immigration?

Versus.

All the above in the case of BREXIT?

All the opportunities awaiting me (and the rest of the UK's subjects)?

cashinmattress, are you in favour of expansion of the EU - Turkey, Albania, Bosnia etc?

If not, why not?

Are you in favour of allowing non-EUs the same freedom of movement as EU citizens? If not, why not? You're clearly opposed to a points system, this is why I ask.

If you answered no to any of the above questions, why do you discriminate between one person and another, purely based on their country of origin? This is no different to discriminating against them based on the colour of their skin (an arbitrary distinction not based on merit). Why do you do that?

Edited by canbuywontbuy