House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Hometrack - Up 0.1%

Info from here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1960912,00.html

I like this bit:

"A drop of 5 per cent in prices in the next two years would be unwelcome, but would not have a deep impact. This is the way the great house price crash that never was has ended: not with a bang but a whimper. "

Counting their chickings too early, me thinks!

Edited by Jason

The Land Registry figures show that in the first half of 2005 prices in England and Wales were roughly flat, before rising by a healthy 5.2 per cent in the third quarter.

The depth of their stupidity beggars belief. A HEALTHY 5.2 per cent in the third quarter. If it did that every quarter that would be a HEALTHY 22.5% a year and prices would DOUBLE in about 4 years.

Then surely even the w@nkers in the media in London with their crappy terraced houses 'worth' 795k would realise they would need a million pound mortgage to move up.

House price rally defies the huffers and puffers

Sometimes I get the feeling the headlines are aimed at us directly :lol:

Oh, and it's far too early to call the end of the "crash". The economy has only just started moving :)

The Land Registry figures show that in the first half of 2005 prices in England and Wales were roughly flat, before rising by a healthy 5.2 per cent in the third quarter.

The depth of their stupidity beggars belief. A HEALTHY 5.2 per cent in the third quarter. If it did that every quarter that would be a HEALTHY 22.5% a year and prices would DOUBLE in about 4 years.

Then surely even the w@nkers in the media in London with their crappy terraced houses 'worth' 795k would realise they would need a million pound mortgage to move up.

Yep.

I've stop worrying about house prices now. I think its dam obvious what's happening.

I looked on Rightmove earlier (I havn't done this in months, as it just shows what I can't afford), and along with houseprices.co.uk I found lots of houses being advertised below the celling in that street (at least 5%).

Even a colleague at works like to likes to wind me up because I can't afford a house (the sad times we live in), yet her neighbours is being advertised 3% less and that has a garage (in a block), has now been sold. (I'll find out what it sells for sometime next year).

I think articles like this is desperation, how many articles have there been about investing in property (SIPPS)? I think the bounce was because of that and the expectation of super low interest rates again.

:)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!

Yep.

I've stop worrying about house prices now. I think its dam obvious what's happening.

I looked on Rightmove earlier (I havn't done this in months, as it just shows what I can't afford), and along with houseprices.co.uk I found lots of houses being advertised below the celling in that street (at least 5%).

Even a colleague at works like to likes to wind me up because I can't afford a house (the sad times we live in), yet her neighbours is being advertised 3% less and that has a garage (in a block), has now been sold. (I'll find out what it sells for sometime next year).

I think articles like this is desperation, how many articles have there been about investing in property (SIPPS)? I think the bounce was because of that and the expectation of super low interest rates again.

:)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!!

I've given up worrying about the figures too. I think there is some desperation in the reports but mostly it's down to reporting simply the figures and not the underlying meaning behind them. e.g. if all prices fall slightly but the "first rung" market collapses completely then the figures show overall rises. Simple numbers don't actually mean anything without proper interpretation behind them.

Hometrack's director Richard Donnell was on BBC Breakfast this morning with Declan Curry, reporting the same thing.

"good news" he said.

Declan said something like "so the great house price crash has been averted?" and Richard waffled something about having had a soft landing.

Muppets.

At the start of this year Mr Bootle wrote in a report for Deloitte: “We continue to expect house prices to drop by a total of 20 per cent or so over the next two years, but a bigger fall cannot be ruled out.”

But last week, Capital Economics announced a “forecast change”: noting the lack of a sustained fall in house prices in 2005, they now predict house prices to drop by just 2 per cent in both 2006 and 2007.

A drop of 5 per cent in prices in the next two years would be unwelcome, but would not have a deep impact. This is the way the great house price crash that never was has ended: not with a bang but a whimper.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1960912,00.html

Have you seen the BBC reporting this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4563766.stm

So the BBC are now reporting Hometrack when figures show a rise??? Where's Sept's, Oct's and Nov's report????

The BBC are a joke, I don't have a problem with how the article is written, but they seem to only have stories when they can genuinely have a positive headline!

The BBC are a joke, I don't have a problem with how the article is written, but they seem to only have stories when they can genuinely have a positive headline!

That's because the BBC are, regrettably, also vested interests. They cannot be seen to be subversive as their existence relies on keeping the government on their side.

That's because the BBC are, regrettably, also vested interests. They cannot be seen to be subversive as their existence relies on keeping the government on their side.

E-mailed the BBC again. I'm not happy.

For a start the title is "House prices move upwards again". "Again" WTF! According to Hometrack prices have been falling for over 15 months, so how can they say again????

Is there a regulating body for the BBC or Journalism I can contact? The title is totally misleading!!!

I was happy yesterday as I found a house within my price range, that I could possible buy - something that was an impossibility 12 months ago!

Hometrack's director Richard Donnell was on BBC Breakfast this morning with Declan Curry, reporting the same thing.

"good news" he said.

Declan said something like "so the great house price crash has been averted?" and Richard waffled something about having had a soft landing.

Muppets.

ah yes, "the great house price crash"... something that we can only mention after it hasn't happened. :rolleyes:

It's not exactly happening this house price crash is it ?

Another month goes by and there's not a drop of HPC in the air.

I like the comments from the fed-up bears above ...... "I don't watch house prices any longer"

Yep, and we all know why don't we - they aren't dropping and you just can't stomach the reality of it all. Time to get real guy's and admit that the house marketing has plenty of strength in it yet. You'll all be a lot more relaxed if you just accepted the inevitable and planned your lives accordingly.

It's not exactly happening this house price crash is it ?

Another month goes by and there's not a drop of HPC in the air.

I like the comments from the fed-up bears above ...... "I don't watch house prices any longer"

Yep, and we all know why don't we - they aren't dropping and you just can't stomach the reality of it all. Time to get real guy's and admit that the house marketing has plenty of strength in it yet. You'll all be a lot more relaxed if you just accepted the inevitable and planned your lives accordingly.

I see you as a predator of sorts... prowling the outskirts of the HPC flock, waiting to pounce upon the weakest, the slowest and the most vulnerable.

"Buy houses! Pay commission!" goes the cry... a few uncertain lurkers hesitate and look over their shoulders. An error that proves to be fatal.

Merry Christmas.

I see you as a predator of sorts... prowling the outskirts of the HPC flock, waiting to pounce upon the weakest, the slowest and the most vulnerable.

"Buy houses! Pay commission!" goes the cry... a few uncertain lurkers hesitate and look over their shoulders. An error that proves to be fatal.

Merry Christmas.

As a rule, I would never advise anyone to buy a house. That is entirely their financial decision and they must suss out the implications for themselves and whether its the right time for themselves. My comments are aimed at the lunatic fringe bears with their entrenched positions.

My only issue is that people should not get over impressed or indoctrinated by the lunatic fringe bears - they are as bad if not worse than any of the VI's you lot moan about so much.

My only issue is that people should not get over impressed or indoctrinated by the lunatic fringe bears - they are as bad if not worse than any of the VI's you lot moan about so much.

I agree wholeheartedly. However, your ongoing refutal of HPC seems worryingly simplistic, rather monotonic and aggressively expressed. Like a football chant, almost.

I will say though, that anyone who falls for it deserves whatever they get. I am not here to fight with bulls in order to "save" the waverers, although that would be a pleasant by-product.

Sometimes I get the feeling the headlines are aimed at us directly :lol:

Oh, and it's far too early to call the end of the "crash". The economy has only just started moving :)

I quite like the headline though!!!...the three singing-pigs obviously don't know the big,bad wolf brought dynamite this time!!!!

KA-BOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

TWAS EVER THUS,especially after the gilligan business.

wouldn't want people to know the security services would bump off whisleblowers would we?