House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rollover

The Trade In Services Agreement

Nearly two dozen countries have spent the last three years wrangling over a trade deal that will set the rules governing trade in services for much of the world for decades to come. Yet you’ve likely never heard of it.

Other mammoth trade deals have triggered demonstrations across the EU and the U.S. while the so-called Trade in Services Agreement’s technicalities are being worked out largely without political pushback. In fact, it seems to have made it to the homestretch.

TiSA deals with barriers to services trade such as the conditions by which lawyers from Norway might be able to practice in the United States or German engineers might gain easier visa access to Mexico. “People simply don’t get excited about such issues, and the long-term consequences of such a deal are much harder to grasp,” Meltzer added. Among the few groups that have voiced their worries is the European Consumer Organization (BEUC). “We are concerned that TiSA will restrict the ability of the EU and its member states to maintain their right to regulate in the future,” spokesman Johannes Kleis said.

Will Brexit help or damage the negotiation?

Edited by rollover

Yes was a big thread on here about it. Although I think that called it TTIP ? Not sure.

Wow, i didn't know about this. This is not TTIP. It is a different secret agreement. Further corporate globalisation or a good thing I don't know. Not a fan of secrecy especially as it was planned to be secret until it had been implemented for five years!

Wow, i didn't know about this. This is not TTIP. It is a different secret agreement. Further corporate globalisation or a good thing I don't know. Not a fan of secrecy especially as it was planned to be secret until it had been implemented for five years!

How much of this stuff is going on ?!