House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Radio Puzzler

A Class A output will basically use the same amount of juice whatever the volume. Class B uses more with greater output.

A Class A output will basically use the same amount of juice whatever the volume. Class B uses more with greater output.

I think Pin has just had an aneurism. That is the first sensible thing he has posted in years. Someone call a doctor.

Pin's frightening lucidity outbreak aside, you are unlikely to have a radio with a class A amp in it, so yes, louder = more power consumption in general. But for anything other than a very serious hifi system at ear-bleeding volume, the power consumption is pretty trivial, single digits for a ghetto blaster, maybe up to 20W for a seperates system

Some young lad at he back of the class asked a sensible engineering question. :blink:

I think Pin has just had an aneurism. That is the first sensible thing he has posted in years. Someone call a doctor.

No, I'm sure he posted something sensible about toruses (tori?) yesterday on the map thread. He must be really sick in the head. ?

No, I'm sure he posted something sensible about toruses (tori?) yesterday on the map thread. He must be really sick in the head.

No, I'm just an ex mathematician, I think if you are idly painting shapes on a doughnut, and you run out of colours, you ought to know why. :wacko:

No, I'm just an ex mathematician, I think if you are idly painting shapes on a doughnut, and you run out of colours, you ought to know why. :wacko:

I'm always happy when I'm learning something new. Now, where did I put that doughnut?

I'm always happy when I'm learning something new. Now, where did I put that doughnut?

It's nice to know when you paint a psychedelic toilet seat. A toilet seat has one hole, so it is a torus with an Euler charateristic of 0.

Take a usual brick for instance. 12 edges, 8 corners and 6 sides. Sides plus corners minus edges = 2, because there is no hole in it.

A toilet seat has one hole, so it is a torus with an Euler characteristic of 0.

Go and check. I think you'll find you're wrong about that. Very wrong.

I wouldn't know. I was chucked out of maths class after getting 19% in the mock Highers. I was delighted.

I think you'll find that if Pin says it is so, then the whole of reality changes to make it so.

I think you'll find that if Pin says it is so, then the whole of reality changes to make it so.

You must be another worshipper in the Church of Pin?

You must be another worshipper in the Church of Pin?

It's just something I read about counting holes in shapes, and knots in ropes! It's called topology. I got top marks in making plasticene shapes. :blink:

Does that mean it's safe to go to the toliet now?

It's just something I read about counting holes in shapes, and knots in ropes! It's called topology. I got top marks in making plasticene shapes. :blink:

Yes, but have you looked at an actual toilet?

Yes, but have you looked at an actual toilet?

I'm afraid I only had one colour when I painted mine, rather quickly! I blame the canteen at work. :unsure:

150px-Sphere_with_three_handles.png

Some sort of alien bowling ball. 3 holes so minus 4 then, and we are still all talking in only three dimensions. :huh:

Some sort of alien bowling ball. 3 holes so minus 4 then, and we are still all talking in only three dimensions. :huh:

Clearly the Socratic method isn't working.

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND EXAMINE YOUR TOILET.

I am afeared! :blink:

Ok you made me laugh. I am a bit slow tonight. :o