HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Anything American, apart from Ice Hockey, when they really go for it.

American Football's pretty good. The idea is that your player in any particular position/role is always I'm peak condition. Hence mahooosive squads and a team that changes every time the game starts. I found it pretty exciting when I got into it.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

'Sports' that are not sports: darts, snooker, F1, golf.

You wouldn't be a fan of Fred Trueman's Indoor League then?

£100 first prize in 5 sports (sorry, 'sports'): Shove ha'penny, bar billiards, skittles, table football and darts. And this is real darts, on a real Yorkshire board, no trebles, no flukey shots.

HOLA4411

Yeah.. I'm another misery guts in this department.

I'd re-punctuate the title:

Sports, I don't get !

I thought you were a normal "serial killer" :blink:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Just watching the ad for the Olympics and sports that I just don't get started to cross my mind.

1. Anything synchronised. Why? For the love of god, why?

Have you noticed the big difference between male sports and female ones

For mens sports - you score a goal you get the point

For female sports - it's more like: they perform a gymnastics move or whatever and some guy holds up a score of 9.7 "Well done Jessica but we are giving a higher score to the other girl because she looked prettier while performing the move"

Imagine if that was swapped around: "Well done scoring that goal David Beckham, but the judges think the German goal was done with slightly more panache so we are giving them the match".

HOLA4415

Have you noticed the big difference between male sports and female ones

For mens sports - you score a goal you get the point

For female sports - it's more like: they perform a gymnastics move or whatever and some guy holds up a score of 9.7 "Well done Jessica but we are giving a higher score to the other girl because she looked prettier while performing the move"

Imagine if that was swapped around: "Well done scoring that goal David Beckham, but the judges think the German goal was done with slightly more panache so we are giving them the match".

That would work, if we didn't also have male gymnastics. I like gymnastics, I like pretty much all sports, except the pointless ones :)

Agree on the basketball. The rules make it pointless. Walking. Why? Either walk or run. Why walk quickly and shag your hips in the process?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Topless ladies volleyball. Who would watch that? :wacko:

There used to be something called Topless Darts on Ice on an old sky channel going back about 20 years. I don't know if it still exists.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

F1. It's a "who's got the best car?" competition.

Not that I'm a big fan of it, but that is the sport. People might think it's about racing round a track, but the object of the sport is just as much building the car in the first place.

HOLA4425

Handball, basketball, American football.

The bit I don't get about american football is, three friends get together to mess around, one has the ball, one dances around in front of the ball-holder ineffectually, causing no particlar inconvenience whatsoever, ball-holder throws ball to ball-catcher, ball-catcher catches ball and gets incredibly excited about his incredible sporting achievement, celerates extravagently. Game over. Exhausted from their marathon endeavours, the participants go to eat hamburgers and drink beer (this part I understand).

The actual professional sport may pan out differently. I've never watched it

Archived