House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viterbi

A Business

Is anybody aware that the primary purpose of this website is a business funded by advertising?

The owners are probably making a mint considering that it manages to attract advertising from high profile companies such as British Gas. House Price Crash must have a bank account and is probably VAT registered as well. Does anybody have any idea on who exactly owns this website and where the statement of accounts and balance sheet are published?

Hi Viterbi,

Talk to a few of the long standing members or come along to one or the regular pub meets and you'll soon see what this site is about. As for the British Gas adverts, if you look closely you'll see that they are Google Ads which cover the hosting costs of the website.

Is anybody aware that the primary purpose of this website is a business funded by advertising?

The owners are probably making a mint considering that it manages to attract advertising from high profile companies such as British Gas. House Price Crash must have a bank account and is probably VAT registered as well. Does anybody have any idea on who exactly owns this website and where the statement of accounts and balance sheet are published?

There's no problem making a bit of cash from advertising revenue!

Infact, sometimes when I'm feeling generous, I click on one of the ads, to give our webmaster a few more pennies! It's the least I can do!!!

Who cares?

<_<

It's easy to find the name of the registrant of a domain. In about 10 seconds from reading your post I had the name of the owner of the site. I've starred it out below because although it's publicly available I don't particularly want to start posting names:

Domain name:

housepricecrash.co.uk

Registrant:

Registrant type:

UK Individual

Registrant's address:

The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their

address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrant's agent:

PIPEX Communications Hosting Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]

URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 26-Oct-2003

Renewal date: 26-Oct-2007

Last updated: 27-Aug-2005

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Yes there are adverts. But as mentioned above to cover running costs (bandwidth is not free!), come along to the drinkups and meet the owner :)

What's your point? Are you envious that the webmaster makes a small amount of money from the site? I don't understand...

fair point - redundant argument.

HPC vs. Halifax, Nationwide, EA's, and all VI's, local press and national newspapers.

Hope you take the time to let them know your thoughts on their self interest.